Power rear window

A friend showed me a picture of her boss' truck, a 2017 GMC Denali 2500 HD. I noticed it did not have the rear power window, which surprised me, considering I thought a Denali would have every option. My friend brought it to the owner's attention, and he told her it's because the WHOLE window retracts down, and he needed that option because he tows often. I have searched near and far, and fail to even produce a photograph depicting a fully recessed rear window. Does this option exist? Is he pulling her leg? I swore to her he was feeding her b.s. Failed to mention crew cab. Thanks for any input.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denali is just another trim level. Even though being the highest trim for GMC, it doesn't mean they all will be fully loaded.

Also he's full of BS than an actual Bull. I believe the Nissan Titan is the only pickup truck where the whole rear window rolls down. There are kits out there to have it do your rear window rolls down, but the Titan I believe is the only truck with it from the factory.

Denali is just another trim level. Even though being the highest trim for GMC, it doesn't mean they all will be fully loaded.

Also he's full of BS than an actual Bull. I believe the Nissan Titan is the only pickup truck where the whole rear window rolls down. There are kits out there to have it do your rear window rolls down, but the Titan I believe is the only truck with it from the factory.

Tundra too...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I didn't know Nissan did that. Thought Toyota was the only one. For years. Tundra, 4Runner.

Yep bs. Now i think the denali comes standard with a sliding rear window but you can get a credit back for it with a solid glass.

I forgot the Tundra had it or maybe I mixed them up. But I just saw that I think with the Titan the whole rear window doesn't go down. It's just a bigger sliding window that rolls down, not the whole thing.

Ive recently been looking at new silverados/sierras and finding one with the rear slider proved to be a difficult task. LTZ's yes, LT's and SLE's very rare. So when this Denali lacked it, was very surprised, and even more so when told the whole window lowered. I had my doubts, but thought it could have been an option on the Platinum 2017 Denali, but ever so slightly!...by the way, would love a 2017 deep ocean blue crew 1500 silverado, short box, cloth seats, rear slider, bose sound, and everything in the LT plus and all star package...oh yeah, LED box lighting and the floor console!

I guess I'm not sure about a rear slider...all they ever did for me was suck any crap rolling around the bed into the cab?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I never had that problem in my '98. But, I do remember once in awhile while driving I would throw an empty plastic 20oz bottle through the window and the air would catch it right and the bottle would land in the bed. That was way back when I was at the age where I would throw empty bottles in the bed when I was done and then once a month or when I needed to haul something I would empty the bed out. Now I keep a small trash can I brought from Walmart and try to keep as many plastic bags that I can as trash bags.

Roll a front window down and it sucks in through the the slider...the rental I have right now has one, and I was thinking how long it's been since I had a slider, until I opened it; now I see why I never missed not having one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Archived