BFG KO2 255/75x17

In another thread I was asked for some images of the BFG KO2 255/75x17. Looks like I have to do a new thread to attach. Here they are - 4 days old on my new 2016 RCSB Silverado. I went with 255/75 instead of 275/70 to keep the weight down.

post-151858-0-29894200-1476549107_thumb.jpg

I have always liked the bfg all terrains but am going back and forth between choosing those and the Goodyear wrangler for my z71.

The tires look good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Silent Armors 255/75 on my Jeep. Went to Discount Tires to get same for the Silverado - no longer made in that size. The other choice was a Wrangler MT with Kevlar - went with BFG's. I'm really big on strong reinforced sidewalls and the KO2's and Goodyear with Kevlar fit the bill.

This is a good looking size, IMO. Thanks for the pictures. The difference in aspect is very noticeable and I was warned that this would give a tall and skinny look. However, this looks well proportioned. It wasn't that long ago that a 245 width tire looked fat to me! A one inch increase in tire height is significant. Have you noticed a difference in stop and go driving or a significant hit in mpg?

This is a good looking size, IMO. Thanks for the pictures. The difference in aspect is very noticeable and I was warned that this would give a tall and skinny look. However, this looks well proportioned. It wasn't that long ago that a 245 width tire looked fat to me! A one inch increase in tire height is significant. Have you noticed a difference in stop and go driving or a significant hit in mpg?

Thanks! Can't really comment on mpg as truck is so new and I'm not the most economical driver. Driver info. is reading 17 mpg for a mix of city and freeway. What I've noticed is that the three ply sidewall seems just a little more confident in turns. Some 255/75's are a lot skinnier - I looked at the Duratracs and the tread was narrower and the sidewalls seemed not as strong. It was a P-rated Duratrac, however, in the 255/75 size.

What pressure are you running these at? I've heard people say the ride got a lot more harsh running LT's at 40+ psi.

36 lbs./in sq all the way around. Feels fine so far.

Archived