Where did you mount your switch for your light bar?

That is the bugger with these trucks stock. No good mounting places unless you want to start drilling holes in roof etc.

It would be nice and if any GM people are listening if from the factory they come equipped with a place to mount brackets and a hole which is plugged but can be opened up under the Black Trim on roof. Seriously this would be a great feature for so many roof mounted utilities.

That is the bugger with these trucks stock. No good mounting places unless you want to start drilling holes in roof etc.

It would be nice and if any GM people are listening if from the factory they come equipped with a place to mount brackets and a hole which is plugged but can be opened up under the Black Trim on roof. Seriously this would be a great feature for so many roof mounted utilities.

yessssssss, and hey maybe even some auxiliary switches like they put in the raptor. That would be tits. Good call on that I hope they start doing that some day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it got dark pretty fast and didn't have too many photo opportunities today but I got a couple. More to follow later. 76180215e6e900f5190c7266b39634c3.jpgca686dbad0da9ef80e54f1edcec838c4.jpg

Super happy. Lights are bright as shit.

Edited by Abearclaw
  • Like 1

Well it got dark pretty fast and didn't have too many photo opportunities today but I got a couple. More to follow later. 76180215e6e900f5190c7266b39634c3.jpgca686dbad0da9ef80e54f1edcec838c4.jpg

Super happy. Lights are bright as shit.

looks good

• Like 1

There are nice and discrete options available for auxiliary switches. I would not like to have knockouts or blanks on my dash for future modifications. Some of the older, plain trucks came with several plugs where options belonged which I thought only served to cheapen the appearance.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I didn't mount a switch at all, I'm using my homelink button to control the light bar or the remote if I'm outside the truck at camp. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UR2DIRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't own a garage so I've been meaning to repurpose the homelink! How do you go about wiring that up and programming it to the homelink?

I don't own a garage so I've been meaning to repurpose the homelink! How do you go about wiring that up and programming it to the homelink?

The link I posted is a receiver you connect up to the wiring harness under the hood, then you just follow the normal homelink setup sequence to program one of your switches to the receiver. Look it up on-line but it's basically just pressing the button until it blinks and then press it until it works if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

The link I posted is a receiver you connect up to the wiring harness under the hood, then you just follow the normal homelink setup sequence to program one of your switches to the receiver. Look it up on-line but it's basically just pressing the button until it blinks and then press it until it works if I recall correctly.

Thanks! Do you know if I can program different lights for each button on the homelink? This is great

Yes, each button on the homelink can be programmed to a different receiver signal. Also, a single receive can receive different signals For example, the one I have uses a) for on-off and b) for strobe.

Perfect! So if I get three receivers I'd be able to program each one for the homelink and also for the remote?

Perfect! So if I get three receivers I'd be able to program each one for the homelink and also for the remote?

Well, I wouldn't rush out and buy three of the SAME brand of receiver, I would imagine they're all on the same frequency. I just know each homelink is separate and a single receive receives different signals depending from the remote depending on what button is pushed, so it's possible that would work, but again, I wouldn't know. Also, many of the brands out there are just relabeled versions of the same wireless receiver as they all look identical. So...yeah, I don't know the answer to your question other than to say experiment.

• 1 year later...

I mounted rocker switches in my overhead console. They’re my favorite ones. I also have some more discreet switches on my dash behind my turn signal. 2 more on the driver a pillar. Also 2 hidden switches under my dash, those are harder to hit, it takes a little feeling around to get them. D6E28FC3-96C1-49ED-AB18-0C81B243816F.thumb.jpeg.6a71392e7bddfee735187a457b0939bc.jpegB73E1122-E507-400B-9AFF-F6362B3F8F61.thumb.jpeg.147bb0a177ed6f46e2de28a62587065d.jpeg

• Like 1