What size nitto ridge grapplers?

I'm trying to figure out what size nitto ridge grapplers I should get for my setup? 2.25 pro comp/readylift level on 20x9 sierra reps. I can't remember if the offset is a +31 or +27. I searched around and most are running a 285/60R20 or a 275/60R20. The problem is that the ridge grapplers aren't going to be made in those sizes. I think the 33x12.50R20s may work but I'm trying to stay away from a load F and possibly getting a load E. I don't mind pinning back the felt liner. I just don't want rubbing on the sway bar or the control arm. Here are the sizes that are available/will be available for the 20" ridge grapplers.post-54656-147484781568_thumb.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

post-54656-147484781568_thumb.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im in the same boat I can't decide what size to get, either a 33x12.50x20 or 295/60/20 mine is lifted 3.75 inches on stock wheels so I'm not sure which size would be best..

Also where did you find those specs I do not see them on the Nitto web site

im in the same boat I can't decide what size to get, either a 33x12.50x20 or 295/60/20 mine is lifted 3.75 inches on stock wheels so I'm not sure which size would be best..

Also where did you find those specs I do not see them on the Nitto web site

They are on the nitto site. Under the ridge grapplers sizes I just clicked on the 20s. It doesn't give the actual sizes though until the tire is released. It just stays coming q4. I even emailed nitto and they don't have the actual specs yet. They said the page will update the same time they get the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have ran and honestly 100% prefer 305/55r20. I think they look the best and you will be happy. Nice wide tread, allows for bigger tread blocks and voids and a good height at just over 33". I ran this size toyo at2 before I lifted my truck and it only rubs slightly at full lock. Not a big deal at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any insider info on the new tire size release? I'm so anxious to get some of these they're the only tire I see that looks like what I want. Oh... Did you see 35x11.5r20 is among them ? I just left the tire shop yesterday had a 305/55r20 aside my factory 275/55/20 and really didn't look much taller, and was really wide.

Ridge Grapplers are shit and Nitto does not even offer a treadlife warranty on them so do not stand behind them at all. Tires are a very important part of your car I would even say as important if not more so than your engine since they are what connects you to the road.

If you want a good Hybrid tire look into a ProComp Xtreme AT. Solid tire, solid company and has a 50,000 mile tread warranty. Nitto only offers a warranty on thier AT (Terra Grappler), none on thier MT (Trail Grappler) or Hybrid (Ridge Grappler), while Procomp has a warranty on AT, MT and Hybrid. Procomp also offers a 30 day money back guarantee if you simply do not like them, so if you really dislike them could always still get nittos.

Also Nitto is just Toyos bargain division. Would you rather drive a volkswagon or a porche?

My 2c.

Lol. If you're buying ProComps might as well buy Coopers...Unless they have someone else making them now, ProComp doesn't really manufacture anything.

They are better reviewed, have a warranty, 30 day trail and if you by Nitto you may as well buy Toyo.

Did you have a point? I was comparing apples to apples.

They are better reviewed, have a warranty, 30 day trail and if you by Nitto you may as well buy Toyo.

Did you have a point? I was comparing apples to apples.

i rarely see eye to eye with you on anything you post bar a few valid ones but I definitely do agree with you on this, dude should just buy toyo. Better than Nitto and way better than pro comp. and they strongly stand behind their products. I've had three sets of toyos and all have been different sizes and applications and I've been more than happy with toyo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have personal experience with the Pro Comp Extreme AT and I consider them total junk! I had the on my F-250 and they were great for the first 10K or so and then they got terribly loud for an AT and cupped badly. Sounded like cheap MTs. They give you a good warranty because the 2nd layer tread compound is very hard.

My opinion for a good aggressive AT would be the Toyo AT Extreme. Been through 3 sets on different vehicles and they are excellent!!! Plus they have a treadlife warranty as well. Decided to try the new Cooper STT Pros on the new truck though.

On the original subject I had the toyos on factory 20s w/ 295/55/20s and the only thing they rubbed was on the swaybar at full lock. Wasn't a big deal and probably could have been solved with some 1/4" spacers. They are basically 33 x 11.50s. Good luck with whatever direction you choose.

I have personal experience with the Pro Comp Extreme AT and I consider them total junk! I had the on my F-250 and they were great for the first 10K or so and then they got terribly loud for an AT and cupped badly. Sounded like cheap MTs. They give you a good warranty because the 2nd layer tread compound is very hard.

My opinion for a good aggressive AT would be the Toyo AT Extreme. Been through 3 sets on different vehicles and they are excellent!!! Plus they have a treadlife warranty as well. Decided to try the new Cooper STT Pros on the new truck though.

On the original subject I had the toyos on factory 20s w/ 295/55/20s and the only thing they rubbed was on the swaybar at full lock. Wasn't a big deal and probably could have been solved with some 1/4" spacers. They are basically 33 x 11.50s. Good luck with whatever direction you choose.

Your problem was the F-250 not the tires :fart: I have lots of friends where I live that run those to Xtreme MT and recommend them, as a midrange tire anyway. Always spend the most you can on tires.

I do like how you said you did not like ProComp so you went to Cooper. Thanks for the laugh truly.

Cooper literally makes ProComp tires so everything you said makes no sense except that Toyo are good, they are no argument here but they also some of the priciest and MT or Hybrids will wear faster no matter what period.

I do like how you said you did not like ProComp so you went to Cooper. Thanks for the laugh truly.

Cooper literally makes ProComp tires so everything you said makes no sense except that Toyo are good, they are no argument here but they also some of the priciest and MT or Hybrids will wear faster no matter what period.

Glad I could give you a laugh. That's not exactly what I said though. Yes some of the procomp tire are made by Cooper but they are not a Cooper tire. I have no personal experience with Cooper branded tires but their reviews are very good. I wanted to go more aggressive on this truck then the previous Toyo ATs I had before. The New STT Pros were being compared to the Toyo MTs regularly and seem to be doing very well so I decided to give them a shot. If they are truly comparable then I saved $500 if not then I'll simply sell them off and go back with the Toyos. Either way I'll share my review with the forum.

Ridge Grapplers are shit and Nitto does not even offer a treadlife warranty on them so do not stand behind them at all. Tires are a very important part of your car I would even say as important if not more so than your engine since they are what connects you to the road.

If you want a good Hybrid tire look into a ProComp Xtreme AT. Solid tire, solid company and has a 50,000 mile tread warranty. Nitto only offers a warranty on thier AT (Terra Grappler), none on thier MT (Trail Grappler) or Hybrid (Ridge Grappler), while Procomp has a warranty on AT, MT and Hybrid. Procomp also offers a 30 day money back guarantee if you simply do not like them, so if you really dislike them could always still get nittos.

Also Nitto is just Toyos bargain division. Would you rather drive a volkswagon or a porche?

My 2c.

Have you run them? They are a new, too soon to describe them as "shit". Most LT tires don't have a warranty, that is why they don't have UTQG ratings, doesn't mean they don't stand behind them. Some do to try and stand out by throwing in a warranty, so does Hyundai btw...

Ever hear of overrated brands? Why pay a $100 more for a tire cough Toyo cough or cough BFG cough just for a name and they aren't the best and are out performed? One of the best tires in the business are Coopers, american made and much cheaper than the competition because they aren't jacking up their prices based on a name and constantly out performing the others.

Do you work for procomp or something? You are hawking those pretty heavily. You do realize (based on their website) the xtreme AT only comes in two sizes right? 295/65/18 and 37/12.50/18, doesn't help the OP much.

http://www.procompusa.com/tires-product-details.aspx?pt=101509&pl=3360

You lose all your credibility when you said "Always spend the most you can on tires", thanks for the laugh. You obviously do very little homework or research prior to buying and just think most expensive = best; wow...

OP, E or F load rating won't matter much, both are overkill and way heavier than stock. If you like the F get them, it won't make much of a difference.

Tyler

Archived