Craziest picture of a Silverado involved in a crash with a semi truck

The State of California published a number of driver safety videos some years ago, I can’t recall the titles but they all contained the word “asphalt.”   Crimson Asphalt or something like that.

shockers.   Real video shots from first responders.  The benefit to some is apparently real.  I still remember seeing a couple of them...

Late 60's high school drivers education it was mandatory to watch IHP (Iowa) films called "Dead Right". Gore galore. Some from the accident site and some from the ER room.

I saw worse in Getty's refinery fire and rescue training. They show a real bad one and anyone that didn't puke or pass out got to take EMT training; the rest go to Texas Fire School. Everyone gets trained. Yes that exposure will change you. That's the ******* intent! 

Today kids play video games worse that what that photo shows and learn that all those people killed get back up and played the game again. Then people wonder how a kid can walk into a school or church and open up in a crowd with automatic weapons? Desensitized ring any bells? 

It hurts no one to know that your 5000+ pound super fortress just isn't all that super. But at the end of the day everyone will still believe that their little self important life's 'places to be' is so much more so than public safety that's it justifies being twenty over the speed limit, passing in the no passing zones and following close enough to read the label in your "Fruit of the Looms" at 80 mph, texting and screaming in road rage that it's the guys obeying the law that are the problem. But hey, yea...lets worry about being PC. That's way more important. 

Love it or hate it. You will remember it. It ain't no video game. Yes I'm Grumpy. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:56 AM, f8l vnm said:

Que the steel vs aluminum talk :)

That was the steel truck. In what possible way could aluminum made that worse? :rolleyes:

Only part of that truck that is straight is the aluminum driveshaft! 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

On 2/19/2018 at 8:00 PM, Boardmember said:

The State of California published a number of driver safety videos some years ago, I can’t recall the titles but they all contained the word “asphalt.”   Crimson Asphalt or something like that.

shockers.   Real video shots from first responders.  The benefit to some is apparently real.  I still remember seeing a couple of them...

You were thinking of:

In 1964, "Red Asphalt"

In 1978, "Red Asphalt II"

In 1989, "Red Asphalt III"

In 1998, "Red Asphalt IV"

In 2006, "Red Asphalt V"

BTW, they are all on YouTube.

There were several other films out there, like "Blood on the Windshield," "Death on the Highway," and "Highways of Agony."

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 1:35 AM, Blk17Machinep said:

Snowflakes everywhere 

I see you my man! Big daddy snow flake calling others snow flake. Lol 

By by the way aluminum or steel , any truck would have been the same result. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Nope Not Fake!
James Denton was driving his Jeep Grand Cherokee when David Lee Johnson of South Carolina who was “driving a truck above the speed limit on a suspended license,” and crashed into the Jeep in front of him occupied by Denton, pushing Denton’s vehicle into the fuel tank of another tractor trailer.

https://truckaccidentlawyers.com/blog/2019/09/30/universal-logistics-pays-out-36-million-settlement-for-crash-by-unlicensed-driver/