Craziest picture of a Silverado involved in a crash with a semi truck

It is insensitive to the families involved, whether we know them or not, and serves no value in teaching us to be careful or that we are not invincible. It is disrespectful and serves no purpose in this particular context in my opinion. If the red mark below the driver's door belonged to one of your loved ones this issue wouldn't be about "political correctness".

I understand your feelings and point of view.

However, in high schools it is somewhat common where I live to see the s.a.d.d. and m.a.d.d. community, bring in wrecked vehicles similar to the pictured also in homecoming parades, to send a clear message to our youth that drinking and driving is not ok. Unfortunately, distracted driving is the same result. Our youth has to understand what can happen driving a 5,000lb loaded gun. Pictures are worth more than 1000 words.

Many times it is members of sadd, and madd, who have lost a family member, that provide that vehicle to help educate the rest of us. These pictures do influence some kids not to drink, or text on the phones, etc. If that could save a family from going through this pain, why not?

Also I believe the red that is below the drivers door is part of the taillight from directly above, not blood if that's what you were trying to imply?

Just another perspective from someone who has lost people that we love in car wrecks.

Edited by Sldhead700
  • Like 3

I really wonder about Ford's F150 aluminum trucks. If this is high strength steel, how does an aluminum truck stand up to this? Suffice it to say I heard speculation that Chevy is going down that road in the next 2 yrs or whatever.. I can't imagine a truck getting squashed like a soda can. Not safe or good for anyone when its piled between 18 wheelers.

In less than a decade all 18 wheelers will be self driving and self braking. Mercedes is already pushing one in europe. I do not mean all cars but transport specifically and transit are the perfect candidates.

Wow. It takes a minute to wrap your head around that photograph. I understand why some members feel that this picture should be taken down, but at the same time, people need to understand that driving a car on the freeway is quite dangerous if you don't have your head in the game.

I have a few friends that work for the fire department, and each of them has told me stories that made my skin crawl. I think if people were a little more exposed to "blood on the highway" they might think twice before they answer that text or check their facebook news feed at 65 MPH.

• Like 3

It is insensitive to the families involved, whether we know them or not, and serves no value in teaching us to be careful or that we are not invincible. It is disrespectful and serves no purpose in this particular context in my opinion. If the red mark below the driver's door belonged to one of your loved ones this issue wouldn't be about "political correctness".

27dd39065116dd636291836c3b557377bd42c8e3

If that piece of broken tail light lens on the ground next to the truck belonged to one of my family members, I'd say they were getting a new truck.... FFS there is nothing gruesome or inappropriate about that pic.

Here's a brand new concept for you.....if you don't want to look at a picture of a smashed truck, DON'T LOOK! Here, click here, this should make you feel better : http://highlysensitive.org/sites/

• Like 1

I really wonder about Ford's F150 aluminum trucks. If this is high strength steel, how does an aluminum truck stand up to this? Suffice it to say I heard speculation that Chevy is going down that road in the next 2 yrs or whatever.. I can't imagine a truck getting squashed like a soda can. Not safe or good for anyone when its piled between 18 wheelers.

Leave the pic up! Also - ASAP, have your children of driving age take a look at it. Remind them that dad's truck, for as big as it seems, can easily meet its match too. And, as cs2016lt is saying, it will be even more lopsided in the near future, when aluminum becomes the new steel in car bodies.

I could even imagine the "non-survivors" nodding yes and being a tiny bit happy that you found a way to maybe saving some 16 year old's life out of their misfortune.

Horrific crashes happen all the time this was a 2009 Lexus RX350 before the 18 yr old driver had this terrible accident. The driver survived "so far" this just happened in Nashville TN the other day

CtXnCngXEAE5l6T.jpg

Edited by MyFavTruck

• 1 year later...