Swapped SLT polished wheels for All Terrain

Ok. I have the iridium SLT with stock wheels.

You take a stock pic at a gas station and compare it with two glamour shots on a country road with a meadow and crystal blue sky in the background.

Then y'all conclude the stock not as pretty.

Really.

Ha. I like the look but the stock are sharp too. I do note that I don't think the AT has any features that my Z71 4X4 SLT w/LED heads & Bose doesn't have.

Not knocking the other wheels, and these are the only pics I had handy. Mine has a lot more options than I could have gotten in an All Terrain, max tow being the deal breaker. Nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds. Adding a little CF to the interior and these wheels makes it All Terrain enough for me.

275 65 20 Goodyear Duratracs with a 2.5 leveling kit. I don't really like the tires. They are wearing excellent but they are noisy, and the quiet K2 interior makes it much more noticeable. They give a resonant vibration thru the steering wheel at low speed as well. Not terrible, but it's there. I wanted to run the Toyo Open Country AT II XT's from my other truck, but they are 295 60 20 and I'm sure they would rub pretty badly. I'll eventually ditch these Duratracs tho.

post-162209-0-57864400-1473514146_thumb.jpg

It is really interesting and wonderful that we all have different tastes. I personally like both wheels very much and I would probably have just kept my stock rims. (This reminds me of chrome mirror caps and door handle swap with body coloured versions) Your truck looks great before and after!

You know, I was just picking. I like both seriously, but was poking fun at your set up. The two pics with the new wheels - in that very attractive setting compared to the Exxon station setting - made me smile.

I like the stock personally. I have the chrome version and wish I had the polished (or all black). My chrome is chipping already...

Interesting that you don't care for the Duratracs. They are amazing tires I had them on my GMT and plan to switch to the exact size you have before winter. They rub at all? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived