Tinted mine.

oGzdkeY.jpg

Looks great. Any idea what % tint it is?

I was going to paint them, but I didn't like the thought of having to buy new OEM lights if I need to strip them in the future.

Thought about buying some that are pre-smoked but I don't know if I trust non-oem ones and honestly don't really like the "ricer" look of most of them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I play? Replaced mine. They offered a tinted version which I considered but figured I would get the untinted and tint later if I want.

Votes .. are these black enough already?

Yours are actually the first pair of aftermarket tails I've liked.

I think they look great against the silver with the black fenders. Nice choice.

And I'd personally leave them.

I emailed your shop and they said it was paint, right? I was going to have them do mine after seeing your photos but I switched jobs so I didn't end up passing through town. Mine are tinted with tint film at the moment.

I just texted my buddy. You are correct they used paint on the taillights.

Looks great. Any idea what % tint it is?

I was going to paint them, but I didn't like the thought of having to buy new OEM lights if I need to strip them in the future.

Thought about buying some that are pre-smoked but I don't know if I trust non-oem ones and honestly don't really like the "ricer" look of most of them.

Ok i was mistaken, my buddy did paint the taillights.

Four coats of tinted base coat mixture

three coats of clear

wet sanded

polished smooth.

I just texted my buddy. You are correct they used paint on the taillights.

Ok i was mistaken, my buddy did paint the taillights.

Four coats of tinted base coat mixture

three coats of clear

wet sanded

polished smooth.

Did he say if there's any way to remove the paint (without affecting the tail lights themselves) if I was running into trouble with the 5-0? That's the only thing that held me back from paint.

These are mine tinted. Ignore whatever spilled on the truck.

EWYtvz.jpg

Did he say if there's any way to remove the paint (without affecting the tail lights themselves) if I was running into trouble with the 5-0? That's the only thing that held me back from paint.

These are mine tinted. Ignore whatever spilled on the truck.

EWYtvz.jpg

Nope any paint thinner could melt the platic too. You would have to sand it and repolish the OEM plastic. In short no not easily.

Plasidip has a smoked shade. If not 100% sure maybe use that first and if you want permenent can peel off the dip and pull the trigger.

Nope any paint thinner could melt the platic too. You would have to sand it and repolish the OEM plastic. In short no not easily.

Plasidip has a smoked shade. If not 100% sure maybe use that first and if you want permenent can peel off the dip and pull the trigger.

Those are my lights in the photo. No need to try plastidip because I'm already tinted. I initially was going to try plastidip smoke or black/clear but I didn't hear consistent good reviews.

Not sure. I am having them done at a shop. I will ask, he mentioned the color black cherry. I'll give a full report when they are done. I wanted to have them paint tinted but like the option to remove the tint if I need to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Archived