4l80E transmission drain plug

I recently did a fluid change and fter change on my 03 silverado 2500hd and forgot to put the magnet back in the pan. Does anyone know if the size of the drain pan plug/bolt? I want to have a custom drain plug with a magnet made but don't know the size. I contacted Gold Plug with a size I thought it was and they said it was probably either a 12mm x 1.75 or 14mm x 1.5 any information is greatly appreciated.

15mm

I have 03 suburban 2500hd, I took mine off this last weekend but I knew it was a 15mm

If you don't have an air tool go with a breaker bar 6 point hex socket only so you don't strip the bolt head. One hand pressing hard over the socket and bolt the other hand breaking bolt loose.

I have already removed the bolt and it came off very easy with no problems. I am looking for the thread size and pitch to buy a magnetic bolt to replace the original one.

If you already filled her up, catch the fluid in a clean container and put it back in later. Take the bolt to your nearest auto parts, they usually have a magnetic bolt to match.

If I can't find the thread size I can try that or I was thinking to try to find a new oem bolt at a auto parts store and measure the threads then return it. And buy a magnetic one.

I went to Auto zone today they have the bolt therePlug I mean

I looked on there web site and it's not listed for my truck I might have to call them tomorrow and ask. Was the plug they had regular or magnetic replacement? If it makes a difference I have a 4L80E transmission. It would be nice if they had one because I can't find one anywhere and some places say 4L80E'S don't have plugs even though mine does along with many other people.

Archived