2016 Silverado LT - DL8 to DL3 Mirror Conversion - FINALLY Complete&#3

So if I understand you correctly, you add the necessary wires to the door harness, the one that plugs into the door jam and runs up to the mirror harness.

By doing this you eliminate the tapping for power under the dash also correct?

That is what I found to be the hardest part of this mod, the search for power under the dash.

You obviously have to crimp tool and pins for this mod.

That is correct. For the driver's side, I add (5) wires. One wire for Puddle, Turn, Ground, Auto Dim Signal, Auto Dim Reference. There is a pre-requisite for auto dim to work and that is to have an auto dim rear view mirror AND the circuits for that to work. I add them to the harness as a bonus since I already have the harness apart for the other wires. Should you decide to add auto dim later, your driver's side harness will be loaded already.

For the passenger side, 3 wires are added. Puddle, Turn and Ground.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Yes - I have the terminal pins and crimp tools for this mod.

• Like 1

That is correct. For the driver's side, I add (5) wires. One wire for Puddle, Turn, Ground, Auto Dim Signal, Auto Dim Reference. There is a pre-requisite for auto dim to work and that is to have an auto dim rear view mirror AND the circuits for that to work. I add them to the harness as a bonus since I already have the harness apart for the other wires. Should you decide to add auto dim later, your driver's side harness will be loaded already.

For the passenger side, 3 wires are added. Puddle, Turn and Ground.

Hope this helps.

And Yes - I have the terminal pins and crimp tools for this mod.

Do you know if the auto tilt for the mirrors in reverse is able to be added to the BCM by the dealership?

If you can find a dealer that can do it... I tried at my local dealer (I have a very good relationship with the service advisor) and was turned down because they "tech assist" couldn't provide the "calibrations" to do so. I spoke to him on the side and he said "let me try another senior tech". I also reached out to WAMS about custom flashing BCM and was told reverse tilt is dependent on seat memory options. So my best guess is... no.

Edited by pgamboa

I'd Love to be able to have reverse tilt, auto fold (with FOB), and LTZ BCM profile to fix my hyper flash and remove my resistors. Might be a pipe dream.

• Like 1

miss my auto tilt and turn signals that were standard on my 04 tahoe LT. oh well. thanks for the info.

yeah I can't believe it was standard on my 05. Now 11 years later it's an 'upgrade'

• Like 2

yeah I can't believe it was standard on my 05. Now 11 years later it's an 'upgrade'

Yeah - It's pretty frustrating are different these harnesses are optioned. Make them all the same and see an increase in mirror sales and accessories in general.

Yeah - It's pretty frustrating are different these harnesses are optioned. Make them all the same and see an increase in mirror sales and accessories in general.

not too mention, i would think overall production costs would be cheaper.

• Like 1

I should have a couple more harnesses ready to go on Monday. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 1

The Install took me about 3 hours to swap out both door harness's. I took my time to make sure I did not ruin anything. (That and for some reason I kept forgetting to attach the door handle cable on the passenger side lol.) I also went back with a heat gun over the plastic cover on the door to warm the adhesive & make sure it stayed in place.

52A9C2A3-7BC6-4C40-96D8-3661A451369E.jpg

The swap/instalI is really simple and pretty straight forward. I would be more than happy to help out if anyone has any questions.

I could not be happier with the conversion! I was as giddy as a little school girl when I first locked and unlocked on the key fob and saw the functioning puddle lamps and turn indicators light up. Finally a Plug and Play harness for a DL8 to DL3 conversion!

03F971A3-BA9A-4DA6-95D3-A7D4E8AFD28D.jpg

FFD42319-6C06-4843-8DCC-F74659F80969.jpg

One pointer I have is to help remove the harness retaining clips with out damaging them. I used a hard reusable plastic Starbucks straw. I placed it over the retaining clips and they slide right out!

4D0E65F8-459C-42DE-900E-19F804604E89.jpg

76F51FAF-31D2-47DE-B321-62F194524C04.jpg

Here is a quick clip of the blinkers working this morning.

Edited by Alexantics
  • Like 1

The weather finally cleared up on mid Sunday and I was able to install the converted Harness's from Pgamboa! The finished harness's looked identical to my stock harness but with all of the correct pins for turn signal, puddle lamp & optional auto dim! Pgamboa really did amazing work on these. You would never know that they were modified.

The Install took me about 3 hours to swap out both door harness's. I took my time to make sure I did not ruin anything. (That and for some reason I kept forgetting to attach the door handle cable on the passenger side lol.) I also went back with a heat gun over the plastic cover on the door to warm the adhesive & make sure it stayed in place. The swap/instalI is really simple and pretty straight forward. I would be more than happy to help out if anyone has any questions.

I could not be happier with the conversion! I was as giddy as a little school girl when I first locked and unlocked on the key fob and saw the functioning puddle lamps and turn indicators light up. Finally a Plug and Play harness for a DL8 to DL3 conversion!

One pointer I have is to help remove the harness retaining clips with out damaging them. I used a hard reusable plastic Starbucks straw. I placed it over the retaining clips and they slide right out!

Which door cover is held on by adhesive?

• Like 2

52A9C2A3-7BC6-4C40-96D8-3661A451369E.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and Happy to hear this is working as intended!

With that said, I have another harness ready to go! For anyone interested, please PM me for details.

I ship USPS Priority Mail, insured for fast delivery!

• Like 2