Graphite metallic - new color for 2017

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

First post here guys, been looking at getting a new truck to replace my 10 year old dmax and happened across this thread looking for pictures of the new color a few days ago.

Local dealer got one in today and has pics up on there website. First I have seen anywhere.

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLT-Collinsville-IL/2840628413

Correct me if I am wrong ? The new Silverado color is Graphite metallic not Graphite gray metallic . The 2017 Chevy Cruze now comes in Graphite metallic which is also a new color for the Cruze .

GPA paint code is also used on the 2017 cruze, so it is the same colour.

Chev calls is Grapite Metallic

GMC calls GPA Dark Slate Metallic

GMC Sierra 1500
Deletions
(G1C) Light Steel Gray Metallic
(GXG) Iridium Metallic
(G1F) Mahagony Metallic
New Features
(GPA) Dark Slate Metallic
(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic
Same on Silverado, but different names for the same paint codes:
Chevrolet Truck Silverado 1500
Deletions
(G1C) Slate Grey Metallic
(GXG) Tungston Metallic
(G1F) Autumn Bronze Metallic
New Features
(GPA) Graphite Metallic
(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic

I still can't figure out the color. Have seen a few pics and every single pic looks different. Need to see it in person.

I am hoping to go see the one above sometime over the weekend if I can find it in the sea of trucks down there...

• 2 weeks later...

Above Photo!

I was in Kelowna British Columbia this weekend for a wedding and went buy the Chevy dealer there. Wow! Look what I found. A High Country in Graphite and the new black interior. This is the truck I would want.

My opinion of this color is that it is kind of a gunmetal greyish blue. Very nice indeed!

Here is a 2017 Express Van we just got in sprayed in Graphite Metallic. If I had to describe it...its like Ashen Gray Metallic, at about the same darkness, maybe a bit darker, but with a blue hue to it. Almost as if they took Night Race Blue Metallic, and started to grayscale the color.

IMG_7956_zpshrqpucr5.jpg

IMG_7961_zpsxhkbb9vi.jpg

IMG_7962_zpsyk1ezxzt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived