How to confirm if a new Sierra has the High Performance LED Headlamps

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's NOT what the fleet order guide says for SLT.

Even the PDT option package (SLT Crew Cab Premium Plus) refers to the LED lights as PDP.

Cut and paste:

PDT NEW! SLT Crew Cab Premium Plus Package, Requires Crew Cab model. Includes (NZP) 20" chrome clad wheels, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UVD) heated steering wheel, (A48) power sliding rear window, (BVQ) 6" rectangular chrome tubular assist steps, (UQA) Bose premium audio system, (IO6) IntelliLink 8" Diagonal Color Touch audio system with Navigation, (Y86) Enhanced Driver Alert Package, (AN3) front bucket seats, (KB6) heated and vented seating, (CGN) spray-on bed liner and (PDP) full LED headlamps.
1 - Not available with (PCM) SLT Preferred Package, (PDG) All Terrain SLT Premium Package, (PDB) SLT Premium Package, (PDC) Texas SLT Premium Package, (GAT) All Terrain Package, (NHT) Max Trailering Package or any LPO wheels. Note: No changes or substitutions to the included Premium Plus Package equipment will be allowed. If not specifically mentioned as not available as above, all other normally available 4SA options will be allowed.
And PDP entry cut and paste separately:
PDP NEW! Headlamps, high-performance LED headlamps with GMC signature LED lighting
SLE - Requires and only available with (GAT) All Terrain Package.
SLT - Included with (PDT) SLT Crew Cab Premium Plus Package and (STF) All Terrain X Package

RPO lookup list in the order guide lists PDP as LED, T4F as HID and doesn't list TFL

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/rpocodes.jsp?year=2016&regionID=1&lang=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=17967

Then why did the 4 SLT truck VINs I ran through GMVIS and the parts catalog show on the build sheet PDP AND T4L? GM built the truck, and I saw 4 trucks worth of build info, and they all had it. The 5 Denali's I ran all had T4L and NO PDP.

They should last a long long time for sure but certainly not indefinitely, they can also potentially fail early of course. You can unseal headlights but even then that is a messy messy job (you bake them in like an oven till the glue/sealant goes soft and rip it open*) for something that was once as simple as changing a light bulb. GM's track record with headlamp design has certainly left a lot to be desired this last few years :tear: not sure I would trust it to 'last the life of the vehicle' but I could be bias.

* at least that is how you normally do it. Before you know Black03Yukon wants to jump at me saying I do not know anything about this new tech while he is still trying to change a tire and scrape together this months car note payment

Never done it myself, but I have seen others post about similar mods.

Been a fan on an Avalanche forum since I bought my Av back in 03. I replaced the original headlights when one was cracked from a stone. Replaced both as the other was dull and faded with age. But that was a simple 10 minute job. Not as drastic as melting sealant to get inside the assembly.

My biggest mod I ever did to my Avalanche was to add a electric door locking solenoid to the tailgate so that I could lock and unlock with the doors.

Let's be nice and not get another thread locked please.

I was down at the dealer getting 4 things scheduled to be fixed under warranty,and I didn't get a chance to price these. I'll try in the next couple days and see what they cost. I wouldn't be surprised if they are $1200 a piece to replace. I hope I'm on the high side.

I was down at the dealer getting 4 things scheduled to be fixed under warranty,and I didn't get a chance to price these. I'll try in the next couple days and see what they cost. I wouldn't be surprised if they are $1200 a piece to replace. I hope I'm on the high side.

Ya price is right I pondered a hid truck, I have a thread on this somewhere

Would not be surprised if was even more per headlight. The guys at Gen5DIY has a line on the stock 2015 SLT lights at those were 1200 per set.

10 years form now people will be popping a headlight and facing a $12-2400 repair bill and saying screw that and getting rid of/junking the truck instead. I would not want to be that guy.

I definitely have LED headlights/tail lights, its a 500.00 option on the window sticker and its easy enough to tell by the color temp at night.

I have both PDP and T4L on the sticker in the glovebox. Its a 4/16 build 2016 SLT CC, only options on it are the 'SLT crew cab premium package' and 'high performance LED headlamps.'

Before you know Black03Yukon wants to jump at me saying I do not know anything about this new tech while he is still trying to change a tire and scrape together this months car note payment

What's your problem dude? Personal insults make you feel cool? Don't get mad at me for pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to help the guys on here looking for facts, not your nonsense. It's okay to admit when you're wrong. It's a sign of maturity.

What's your problem dude? Personal insults make you feel cool? Don't get mad at me for pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to help the guys on here looking for facts, not your nonsense. It's okay to admit when you're wrong. It's a sign of maturity.

I apologize you are right just felt like I was getting trolled repeatedly. We can agree to disagree on the rest and leave it at that. I can be nice.

Then why did the 4 SLT truck VINs I ran through GMVIS and the parts catalog show on the build sheet PDP AND T4L? GM built the truck, and I saw 4 trucks worth of build info, and they all had it. The 5 Denali's I ran all had T4L and NO PDP.

I don't know why.

But the sources copied from are current GM documents -- and often the first place we can see updates.

The distribution updates file attached to it also makes it possible to see when changes were made to availability.

EDIT:

For 2016 SLT, the order guide shows PDP beside the LED headlight entry.

For the 2016 Denail it doesn't show a code -- could be a Denali/SLT difference? (1500/2500/3500 Denali's are under a common section)

(Denali codes are kept under a different 'section' than the Sierra/SLE/SLT trims.}

EDIT2:

I'd sure like to know the why there seems to be a code difference.

Keep it on track guys. Play nice. Personal insults/attacks are a no no. If it keeps up, yes another thread will be locked due to the actions of a few or even one

Keep it on track guys. Play nice. Personal insults/attacks are a no no. If it keeps up, yes another thread will be locked due to the actions of a few or even one

How about we punish offenders and stop locking helpful threads.

Archived