Rear-Ended Frame Damage

So my 2016 Silverado LTZ that has less than 5000 miles on it took a pretty decent hit this morning on the way in to work. For the most part, the damage looked like it was just bumper damage, but upon further inspection I see that the trailer hitch mount has been pushed up into and appears to have cracked the frame. Is this repairable, or am I looking at them having to replace the entire frame?

I don't get that so many of these trucks are being rear-ended. What is up with people, aren't these trucks big enough to see? Or is it that way too many people are texting and talking on their phones?

I don't get that so many of these trucks are being rear-ended. What is up with people, aren't these trucks big enough to see? Or is it that way too many people are texting and talking on their phones?

I dont think I can go a day without seeing someone rear ended on the busier streets around here, sometimes twice a day. People texting, talking on the phone not paying attention, playing with a GPS or whatever.

Trucks are just a bigger target I guess :)

I dont think I can go a day without seeing someone rear ended on the busier streets around here, sometimes twice a day. People texting, talking on the phone not paying attention, playing with a GPS or whatever.

Trucks are just a bigger target I guess :)

Well, I just got rear-ended a few minutes ago.

20" wheels or 18" wheels?

OP: I was in a similar situation where firewall disconnected from the floor during a collision. Totalled my vehicle and I ended up pocketing some cash and my loan was taken care of.

...Then I got into this '16.

18" Factory setup. Goodyear 265/65/18

18" Factory setup. Goodyear 265/65/18

I'm in the exact same setup with the Duratrac wheels. Absolutely no vibration though.

If you're near Austin, come by for a drive for how your truck should feel.

I spend about 4.5 hours a day in traffic and would say 90% of the people I see are texting and not paying attention. The confusing part is many of these people have hands free capable cars and don't utilize the technology. I am a Windows Phone user (I know minority but I like it) and I don't know about android or IPhone but I can push the phone button on the wheel and say "text *insert name here*" I say my message, it reads it back to me and I say "send". When I get a text message the phone asks if I want to listen to it or ignore or reply.

I don't know about android or IPhone but with how it works there is no reason why drivers should be physically texting on their devices and not paying attention to the road. I know the built in mylink responses are canned but with the windows phone it bypasses mylink and treats the text like a phone call and uses the phone for commands. I still have the text ability with Mylink but I never use it as it's useless when driving and when parked will use the phone directly anyway.

My neighbor says how dare they make it illegal to text and drive I can do it just fine. (he has been in 4 accidents where he rear ended people admittedly while texting) . I stay far away from him if I see him on the road.

People have lost their smarts and rely on these devices to live or think they are so important, people need a tweet while they are driving. Smart phones are not so smart when one should be paying attention to the road.

I'm in the exact same setup with the Duratrac wheels. Absolutely no vibration though.

If you're near Austin, come by for a drive for how your truck should feel.

It's just the middle fold down console where my drinks go start to vibrate every now and again. I live an hour north of Austin in Belton.

Archived