Looks like my tyranny gave out... 13k miles

So I'm driving back from work about to exit, all of a sudden the truck downshifts hard to the point were my seatbelt tensed. The truck jerks, my check engine comes on, and afterwards I notice the truck is very sluggish, probably starting in 2nd gear.

Took it in this morning, the guy calls me back saying it looks like it gave out transmission codes, so he's suppose to call me back with the full diagnosis...

Now, my question is could me installing ltz projector headlights along with ddm tuning basic hid kit have ever caused this? I just don't want them to blame it on something like the headlights...there is no flicker with my headlights or anything like that, just one thing I noticed was that one of the bulbs turned off for a split second and came back on, I myself don't think I have anything to worry bout but who knows..

On my 2006 Silverado I put a DDM tuning HID kit on it. Next day the truck went into limp mode on a windy 2 lane country road and engine light came on, truck wouldn't move. I shut it down, pulled the battery cable and turned it on and it was fine. Years later that kit ended up causing all kinds of havoc on the computer. It's very possible that it caused the issue. A relay harness helps prevent it

Sent from my treestand using Tapatalk

Headlights connected to transmission? If so im trading my truck in for a 98 silverado.

No it's not "connected". If you read my post I had a 2006 Silverado, not even near the tech of his new generation. It makes the computer think power surging is going on and it freaked out and went into limp mode. Only did it one time and the truck became used to it.

I'm willing to bet that's what happened with this truck, if nothing is wrong with it when it gets checked at the dealer. By not using a relay harness it is pulling a lot of power upon ignition from the factory bulb harness that it's not used to, as a result it can cause a problem. If the OP didn't try and reset the truck by disconnecting the battery and turning it on, this is probably the case. Because that's exactly what my 06 did

Sent from my treestand using Tapatalk

Archived