Goodyear Eagle LS2 issues

I think the LS2's are lousy tires. I took my truck in, they road force balanced all the tires. 2 wouldn't meet spec it took 5 tires and 3 days to get it right. Vibrations mostly gone.

Still don't trust the tires slip and spin in the rain. I have a case with GM and Goodyear.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you BRO. I was almost kicked out of this fourm and talked to like a 12year old for bringing up the Goodyear LS2 tires........Many people in hear just looking to spout off and bash while moderators allow it seems?

You guys are depressing me with all the talk about how long these tires are lasting. I can't wait to get a set of Michelins on the truck but was hoping to wear these as least half way out.

Might have to turn off the traction control and speed up the wear rate. LOL

You guys are depressing me with all the talk about how long these tires are lasting. I can't wait to get a set of Michelins on the truck but was hoping to wear these as least half way out.

Might have to turn off the traction control and speed up the wear rate. LOL

GM should be ashamed of themselves for putting lousy tires on their higher end models. I can some what understand on base models.

Just heard from the dealer, road force balancing has found 2 of the new to my truck Continentals are bad. A call to the Zone Manager has been placed, so now I get to play the Hurry Up and Wait game.

Well I have upgraded to Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventures. Better Braking,traction, and a slightly softer ride. First impression they Seem Comparable to the Michelin's On my Family's 2015 Suburban.

The important thing is I think they will be a safer tire for me.

GM picked the LS2's not sure why other than size.

It is the largest size they offer them in. In store advertising says it is a Sunday Driver with a pic of a small Audi in it's sport car display section. No mention of it in the Truck or SUV sections.

The important thing is I think they will be a safer tire for me.

I had the LS2s on my truck for 3 or 4 days, couldn't even make it up my driveway in the snow. I got a set of bfg ko2s in oem size, and could make it up in 2 wheel drive with no issues the rest of the winter.

Goodyear should stop selling LS2's to GM for these. Trucks it guys Es them an undeserved bad name. I like the. New tires from Goodyear allot. Not quite as agresive as the KO2 but a significantly better tire then the LS2.

Goodyear should stop selling LS2's to GM for these. Trucks it guys Es them an undeserved bad name. I like the. New tires from Goodyear allot. Not quite as agresive as the KO2 but a significantly better tire then the LS2.

wow lots of bad typos for even me. Need to start proof reading my posts. Lol

Just heard from the dealer, road force balancing has found 2 of the new to my truck Continentals are bad. A call to the Zone Manager has been placed, so now I get to play the Hurry Up and Wait game.

Follow up: Zone Manager denied my request to replace the tires with a set of Michelins, no real shock there! A new set of Continentals was shipped to the dealer, was told they arrived yesterday morning, but still no truck. I hope to get it back today, but once again I am not holding my breath!

Just got a text from my service advisor, they are going to mount a Picoscope to my truck and take it for an extended test drive. Hopefully this will isolate where the vibrations are coming from. This is assuming they can get the new tires mounted and balanced properly.

Update:

Just picked my truck up from the dealer. Picoscope found nothing but normal road vibrations. After road force balancing the tires again, they found the LF and RR to be out of spec and replaced them. Road force balanced them again and got the tires into spec. I haven't driven it far, a few more miles will truly tell the truth, but first impressions is it drives much better.

Recap: It took 6 visits over a 39 day period, with 2 sets of wheels and 3 sets of tires, having them balanced multiple times. Running a Picoscope and driving my truck over 50 miles to determine the tires were bad. :ughdance:

Update:

Just picked my truck up from the dealer. Picoscope found nothing but normal road vibrations. After road force balancing the tires again, they found the LF and RR to be out of spec and replaced them. Road force balanced them again and got the tires into spec. I haven't driven it far, a few more miles will truly tell the truth, but first impressions is it drives much better.

Recap: It took 6 visits over a 39 day period, with 2 sets of wheels and 3 sets of tires, having them balanced multiple times. Running a Picoscope and driving my truck over 50 miles to determine the tires were bad. :ughdance:

I have gone through this with three trucks in 3 years. Goodyears on 2 and bridgstones recently. I have always known and had terrible experiences w/ goodyears. Now I have learned w/ the Bridgestones. 5 visits and 7 tires on the Denali, all road forced balanced still vibrated. I flipped out and went into my sales manager and told them to put michelins on there or I bought my last car there. They said GM will not approve a brand change. I jokingly said i was going to drive the truck through the front window. They got a higher up manger to tell me I had to keep playing this same game. I then asked him to pull up all the cars i bought there in the last 7 years. he did. I asked between dealer fees, service, and profit, and the holdbacks on all those cars, whats the total??? ALOT huh??? I WANT NEW MICHELINS! Told me they would have a meeting and try to get something done. Dealer paid for the tires, regular balance no road force -----------and guess what?------- PERFECT no vibrations, smooth, compliant, great in the rain. Superior tire, transformed my truck.

I should have but couldn't due to principal just bought them earlier. The tech said Michelins solve every problem. GM knows, they are just wearing us down…..

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have had the truck back for about 10 days now, and finally put a few miles on it. Lower speeds it drives ok, higher speeds 50mph and up, the vibrations are still there. Called GM and informed them of the situation, I was told "we are working on what can be done next, we will get back with you". That was last Friday Aug 12th. I am getting tired of this bandaid repair approach! Hey GM please provide customer service and replace these junk tires!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is my final update: Took my truck to another dealer and they did a great job! Re-checked all four tires on the road force machine and found 1 tire out of spec, made some adjustments and got it within limits. Tech drove it and still found a vibration. He hooked the Picoscope up and drove it for a few miles and found 3 of the 4 tires had a lateral vibration. Replaced all 3 tires and test drove it with the scope, and still had 1 tire out of spec. Made some adjustments and got them all in spec. It now drives great!

To recap: This took 7 visits and 2 dealers for a total of 46 days in the shop. It took 2 sets of wheels and 5 sets of tires to get this right.

Archived