Goodyear Eagle LS2 issues

I just purchased my 2016 Sierra, it came with the 20 inch wheels and Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires. I have had problems since mile 1! I have taken it into the dealer twice, and it is currently still there. First visit the dealer found the RR was out of round and replaced the tire. They road forced balanced all 4 tires and gave it back. Still had the low speed vibration, nothing like what others have posted in the Vibration threads. I took it back in the next day, they have had it a week now. This time they found the LF tire was already separating down the middle of the tire. Now keep in mind the truck has 1500 miles on it and I already have 2 bad tires. WTF!

I have opened a complaint with GMC specifically about these tires, I will update when and if I hear back from them.

Anyone else having issues with these Goodyears?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been screaming it for decades! Goodyears are only good for going around a corner 90mph once! They wear out in 1/4 of the time and are down right dangerous in water. I hate goodyear like I hate Ford!

I have a little vibration from the 20" LS2s, not bad enough to let them mess with it. The 18" SRAs on my '15 had a little vibration but it subsided when I rotated them.

So far 2500 hot summer miles on the 20" LS2s on this '16 and they look fine, certainly not the best tire I ever owned but the are fairly round and hold air.

I have been searching and found similar issues on other forums, even talk of class action suits.

If that isn't one of the most ridiculous things I have heard this week, the entitlement of some people these days is just appalling...

Tyler

LS2's are just cheap tires. Goodyear makes good tires but GM saves a lot of cash since most people dont know the difference and don't demand better.

This is truth. My Eagle GT's and my current Eagle F1's are great. No issues at all. I dod not even care for the LS2's that i bought.

I actually like the tires for the most part. I've got 50,000 on my 2014 1500 so far, with approximately half of that on the LS2's (I have Hakkapelitta 8's for winter). The tread is wearing down (50-70% remaining) and provides pretty good traction on pavement (most of my driving). Obviously they aren't designed for a lot of off-road, so they do slide around a bit on gravel, etc.

The two complaints I have are balancing and puncture resistance. I've gotten two leakers so far from screws compared to 0 on my last two 2500 trucks. After the first winter the dealership re-installed these tires & rims (with balance), and when I got the truck the vibration was so bad that the passenger seat would move 3/4" or more after 130 km/hr. When I asked the dealer about it, there was nothing they could do since they can't verify anything over 110 km/hr (local speed limits). I had them balanced elsewhere and it seemed to get considerably better, although there is a very slight vibration back again this summer.

I should mention I like the look of these tires as well, and I'm glad I have them over the wranglers.

No vibration issues here, However these have to be the sorriest wearing tires I've ever owned. I am meticulous about air pressure and tire rotation (every 5K) but at 20K my LS2's are basically worn out. I live in mountainous, curvy two lane winding road country, so I don't expect tires to wear like many of you who live in flat 4 lane highway country. However these are the worst truck tire I've ever owned. Matter of fact I'm probably going to be buying replacements in a couple of weeks during Discount Tire's 4th of July sale. They won't be GY's either.

But on a brighter note, I don't have the Silverado vibration problems some have had. Thank goodness.

Archived