Best sounding exhaust

I have a MBRP cat back setup on my 2015 5.3 LT Double Cab and I personally love it. The drone isn't too bad. Nothing that having the radio on won't mask. I also run the airaid mit Jr kit and range technology afm delete and couldn't be happier. I just took it on a road trip from Chicago to Dallas and had no problems. My wife didn't even complain about any exhaust noise in the cab and that in its self should say a lot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone in the Northern Ohio area running with just the muffler delete (and leaving the resonator) or the MagnaFlow? Those are the ways I'm leaning, but I would love to hear them in person.

• 11 months later...

I want to go his route myself. Do you have a video for the sound? Also how is the V4 with the 10 series?

I want to go his route myself. Do you have a video for the sound? Also how is the V4 with the 10 series?

buy a programmer superchips and turn the 4 mode off

• 2 months later...

I have a flow master super 10.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 4x4.

I got the super 10 with a single in and dual out and it is perfect for the sound you're looking for I also even installed a CAI and it makes it even more throaty around 2800 rpm.

Take my advice and word on this one. I did a lot of research and surfed the web and many YouTube videos.

Super 10 is the way to go. You do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a whole exhaust system only the muffler and piping if you choose to do a dual out method.

Which size inlet/outlets on your muffler?

i went with the black widow race venom 3"in two 2.5 " out and i have the third converter it is pretty loud, real deep and no crack. it the best sounding muffler i have heard so far. i was going to do a flowmaster 10 but this sounded better with no drone and it is stainless.

post-174446-0-29709500-1505110496.jpg

I'm looking for exhaust that is fairly loud, but not obnoxious. Throaty v8 rumble at an idle. When you get into it though I want it to be almost obnoxious. Anyone have any experience with anything like that?

I just put a super 44 on and have an AFE CAI. I did leave the resonator and flap. Other than an idle I hardly notice it. Does anyone else have the super 44? Do they get a little louder after a break in period?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a flow master super 10.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 4x4.

I got the super 10 with a single in and dual out and it is perfect for the sound you're looking for I also even installed a CAI and it makes it even more throaty around 2800 rpm.

Take my advice and word on this one. I did a lot of research and surfed the web and many YouTube videos.

Super 10 is the way to go. You do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a whole exhaust system only the muffler and piping if you choose to do a dual out method.

super 10 is the only way to go!... well said!.... sounds like a truck should.... i'm single in single out dump before the real axle... ..cold start rattles my garage.. lol

I had a 3" magnaflow race muffler laying around, I had the exhaust cut off right after the 3rd cat, and the magnaflow installed. It's just dumped under the bed with a turn down. So there is no flapper or resonator, just the magnaflow. It turned out awesome, especially the WOT shift sounds.

Sounds like this:

• 1 month later...

Archived