Best sounding exhaust

I have the Borla Cat Back and it sounds amazing..especially with the KnN cold air intake. at idle it sounds healthy but in no way obnoxious but when you step on the gas it comes alive!! very pleased with this set-up, no drone noise whatsoever. ~K :gmc:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Def want to hear this but the link doesnt work. Is there a YouTube link?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

no but it's on my Facebook page or I can send u it via text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a true dual custom. Deleted 3rd cat and muffler and resonator. True dual no crossover pipe. Very loud and badass

I have a true dual custom. Deleted 3rd cat and muffler and resonator. True dual no crossover pipe. Very loud and badass

no but it's on my Facebook page or I can send u it via text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally saw it. Sounds real nice. Really need mine done

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going with a flowmaster 40 series. sounds great in v8 mode... v4 sounds like a very fast lope. May find that a CAI makes the v8 mode sound better from what you guys are saying. Need a way to remove v4 mode without voiding my warranty now...

I ended up going with a flowmaster 40 series. sounds great in v8 mode... v4 sounds like a very fast lope. May find that a CAI makes the v8 mode sound better from what you guys are saying. Need a way to remove v4 mode without voiding my warranty now...

Well you already changed the exhaust so I don't think using the Range device or doing a tune to get rid of V4 will make anything worse. I have the Flowmaster Super 44 and I don't mind the V4 drone. Some people say it sounds like a helicopter, but be having a CDL A and tried out trucking and did local delivery in commercial class B trucks it sounds more like an engine/jake brake to me which I actually love hearing when I was trucking in the mountains. Maybe down the road I'll do a tune and turn the AFM V4 off, but not too worried about it. I've never had a problem with it not switching smooth. Even if it doesn't help mileage much (which for me it only does on the highway, just not in town or on the interstate) it won't make it worse so again I'm not worried too much about turning it off. I do wish you could just turn it off like you can just turn off TC, Stabilitrak and Grade Braking.

Well you already changed the exhaust so I don't think using the Range device or doing a tune to get rid of V4 will make anything worse. I have the Flowmaster Super 44 and I don't mind the V4 drone. Some people say it sounds like a helicopter, but be having a CDL A and tried out trucking and did local delivery in commercial class B trucks it sounds more like an engine/jake brake to me which I actually love hearing when I was trucking in the mountains. Maybe down the road I'll do a tune and turn the AFM V4 off, but not too worried about it. I've never had a problem with it not switching smooth. Even if it doesn't help mileage much (which for me it only does on the highway, just not in town or on the interstate) it won't make it worse so again I'm not worried too much about turning it off. I do wish you could just turn it off like you can just turn off TC, Stabilitrak and Grade Braking.

From what I've read, changing your exhaust does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss warranty act of 1975 protects us in that aspect. Which it requires the dealer to prove that the cause of failure of the part in question was caused by the aftermarket modification. I do agree with you on the exhaust break sound though, I work for KW and deal with these truck all day. If only the dealer would turn it off and not void the warranty...

From what I've read, changing your exhaust does not void your warranty. The Magnuson-Moss warranty act of 1975 protects us in that aspect. Which it requires the dealer to prove that the cause of failure of the part in question was caused by the aftermarket modification. I do agree with you on the exhaust break sound though, I work for KW and deal with these truck all day. If only the dealer would turn it off and not void the warranty...

Which was sort of my point since the same goes for a Range device or tune to turn off AFM. The dealer would have to prove that turning off AFM caused an issue.

Which was sort of my point since the same goes for a Range device or tune to turn off AFM. The dealer would have to prove that turning off AFM caused an issue.

Oh gotcha. I was told a tune does void your warranty though 100%

Oh gotcha. I was told a tune does void your warranty though 100%

It's a lot bigger chance of a tune voiding it since it seems to be easier to blame a tune for an engine problem than an exhaust. But, to be honest I personally haven't had any issues with my '14 and once I did the exhaust I'm not afraid of voiding the warranty. I guess another part of my point is that you already did exhaust so why now be afraid of voiding the warranty. Trust me, this '14 was the first truck I've purchased brand new and first truck with any kind of warranty. So at first I was afraid to void the warranty. I even called the dealer I got the truck from (same one in my town) about if an exhaust would void it and all they said was that they didn't think it was a good idea because it could void the warranty. But, after being on here for a little bit of time I realized it has to be proven as you stated. So I said screw it and had it done. Now I guess it broke the ice on modding a brand new vehicle and I don't mind modding the truck while still under warranty.

There is, as I mentioned, something called a Range device. It turns off AFM and all you do is plug it into the OBDII port and I don't think it's traceable like a tune is so that would be the way to go if you can't wait for the warranty go end.

http://www.rangetechnology.com/

It's a lot bigger chance of a tune voiding it since it seems to be easier to blame a tune for an engine problem than an exhaust. But, to be honest I personally haven't had any issues with my '14 and once I did the exhaust I'm not afraid of voiding the warranty. I guess another part of my point is that you already did exhaust so why now be afraid of voiding the warranty. Trust me, this '14 was the first truck I've purchased brand new and first truck with any kind of warranty. So at first I was afraid to void the warranty. I even called the dealer I got the truck from (same one in my town) about if an exhaust would void it and all they said was that they didn't think it was a good idea because it could void the warranty. But, after being on here for a little bit of time I realized it has to be proven as you stated. So I said screw it and had it done. Now I guess it broke the ice on modding a brand new vehicle and I don't mind modding the truck while still under warranty.

There is, as I mentioned, something called a Range device. It turns off AFM and all you do is plug it into the OBDII port and I don't think it's traceable like a tune is so that would be the way to go if you can't wait for the warranty go end.

http://www.rangetechnology.com/

I looked into the range device but haven't seen many people review it. I wont have this truck for its full warranty, it will leave me within the next year or 2. Do you have any input on that range device? According to their website it isn't traceable like you said.

Archived