Best sounding exhaust

I'm looking for exhaust that is fairly loud, but not obnoxious. Throaty v8 rumble at an idle. When you get into it though I want it to be almost obnoxious. Anyone have any experience with anything like that?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're going to get a lot of choices, but I love my Flowmaster Super 44. It's loud (especially on cold startup which I'm sure some neighbors aren't pleased with), but these K2 trucks having the triple weatherstripping and with the windows up you have no problem with the sounds inside the cab. Windows down I have to turn the radio up to about 1/2 way at the most (non Bose). It's also a crisp sound so it doesn't sound like crap. After warmed up cruising volume it actually isn't that bad until you get on it.

There's a lot of brands now that are good, I'm just brand loyal and have always used Flowmaster without any problems.

I have a flow master super 10.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 4x4.

I got the super 10 with a single in and dual out and it is perfect for the sound you're looking for I also even installed a CAI and it makes it even more throaty around 2800 rpm.

Take my advice and word on this one. I did a lot of research and surfed the web and many YouTube videos.

Super 10 is the way to go. You do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a whole exhaust system only the muffler and piping if you choose to do a dual out method.

I got the super 10 with a single in and dual out and it is perfect for the sound you're looking for I also even installed a CAI and it makes it even more throaty around 2800 rpm.

Take my advice and word on this one. I did a lot of research and surfed the web and many YouTube videos.

Super 10 is the way to go. You do not have to pay an arm and a leg for a whole exhaust system only the muffler and piping if you choose to do a dual out method.

I didn't buy a premade system either, just had a shop put it together and I also have a single in/dual out. I thought about the Super 10 but wasn't sure if it was legal or not so I went with the next loudest and aggressive with the Super 44.

I went with Kooks Headers and a Magnaflow 14589 dumped before the axle, and the sound is perfect. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. I've gone through about 5 muffler setups before I found the right one. That includes Flowmaster and Aero Turbine, which both gave a terrible cab resonance at highway cruising speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out spintech mufflers there's a 6000 and a 9000 version and a few good videos on YouTube. This is the muffler I'm going to be installing to celebrate end of warranty. Every video I have heard they sound great. I've never been a muffler shop install guy, I have only ever gotten cat backs but when I heard these mufflers I was sold.

This guy has a true dual system which sounds awesome. Spintech makes x and h pipes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to go his route myself. Do you have a video for the sound? Also how is the V4 with the 10 series?

Cut off your exhaust system after your third cat, and have a shop whip up a dual out the back system. It sounds beautiful, and makes you wet when you get on the throttle. Obnoxious? nah. V8 throaty tone with some balls? yeah. I personally wouldn't go any other route.

Back in the day 21/4 inch pipes small block no cross over pipe with glass packs or thrush mufflers. Cross over pipes may add a little horse power but kill the sound. But that's in the ear of the beholder. The sound is amazing. Otherwise you may well have one big pipe and say your money.

I switched from a 14" magnaflow out the side to a flowmaster 10 single in dual out the rear....slightly tucked....stopped the tips at the underside chrome of the bumper...so they are slightly hidden....I was torn between the 10 and the 40 but like the op i also wanted slightly abnoxious .....my exhaust guy said that the 10 and the 40 interior noise would be about the same...so...I went 10. I'm glad I did....at cruising speed and normal driving it's a low growl....I wouldn't say annoying...like my 04 with super 40's....it really quiets down...but touch the throttle even mildly aggressive....its angry....I'm glad I went with the 10......In short...0 mph to 45......angry...after....chill.

Southernsilverado the super 10 is the way to go. I kid you not and its all legal. Do not let someone talk you into gutting the cat either because that will void the warranty but with only sealing the muffler no one can say it voided anything.

JRL I can get a video later today possibly. I already have ran the truck today so no cold start. But if you google 2015 GMC Sierra super 10 cold start or exhaust. You will hear pretty much the same thing on my truck. The only videos they do not have much of is interior sound when driving. And trust me when I say that the drone is NOTHING if you want an exhaust you'll here a slight drone with this and more when you punch the gas but there isn't that annoying humming sound when driving that people claim the hate and if you hate this you shouldn't even buy an exhaust lol

Southernsilverado the super 10 is the way to go. I kid you not and its all legal. Do not let someone talk you into gutting the cat either because that will void the warranty but with only sealing the muffler no one can say it voided anything.

JRL I can get a video later today possibly. I already have ran the truck today so no cold start. But if you google 2015 GMC Sierra super 10 cold start or exhaust. You will hear pretty much the same thing on my truck. The only videos they do not have much of is interior sound when driving. And trust me when I say that the drone is NOTHING if you want an exhaust you'll here a slight drone with this and more when you punch the gas but there isn't that annoying humming sound when driving that people claim the hate and if you hate this you shouldn't even buy an exhaust lol

Thanks that's good to hear, so you maintained the V4 and don't mind it. That's my only thing, some say it's not bad others despise it.

I remember looking into which Flowmaster and I think I just couldn't find a clear answer on rather it was legal or not. Maybe a part of me assumed it might not be because of how small it is or something. I also could have sworn seeing that they didn't have the Super 10 with the single in/dual out configuration so maybe I'm remembering wrong or they started to offer it because I see you're is like that. If I have to redo mine in the future I may try the Super 10. I love loud exhaust as long as it doesn't sound sh*tty like a gutted glasspack.

Thanks that's good to hear, so you maintained the V4 and don't mind it. That's my only thing, some say it's not bad others despise it.

Mine has the V4 drone and I actually kind of like it. Most say it sounds like a helicopter, but to me it sounds more like the engine/Jake brake on a commercial truck. I loved that sound for some reason when I tried out trucking and did local delivery. I was all smiles anytime I was in the mountains when I tried trucking. Hell I didn't even mind constantly shifting either. Where I know some people say they like a manual but hate having to shift in stop and go traffic where I don't mind it at all. Especially since I got use to driving a 10 speed in stop and go so a 4-6 speed manual in a passenger vehicle would be no problem for me.

Archived