Oil Filter Article

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you use the oil filter a manufacturer of that filter states is spec'ed for you application you will be fine.

Wix, Fram, Purolator, , house brands like NAPA and Car Quest are not going to put out a product that is going to cause damage.

I have always been an AC Delco oil filter guy. And Penzoil full synthetic. But that's my opinion.

Me too I use AcDelco on all my GM vehicles. I use Mobil 1 fully Synthetic, I figure since GM used it in Corvette's since 1991, its good for my truck.

Never will I use a FRAM oil filter!

Daniel

Me too I use AcDelco on all my GM vehicles. I use Mobil 1 fully Synthetic, I figure since GM used it in Corvette's since 1991, its good for my truck.

Never will I use a FRAM oil filter!

Daniel

Agreed, once upon a time I worked in a shop and the Fram filters always looked terrible both inside and out. And the oil regardless of vehicle never look good in comparison to something with a different filter.

Always been a ACDelco filter guy, until they started with the "E" models with the plastic cores.

I use WIX now and always used those in my HD's anyways...

I run Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filters on everything I own. I have been running their oil for over 25 years, and starting using their filters about 10 years ago. Personally I would leave a dirty filter on before putting on a Fram.

Article seems like nothing more than marketing hype to use OEM filters and more money for GM. I think i'll still refrain from using the shit ecore filters AC Delco is pushing out and continue using the Fram Ultra filter.

Will never use the Fram Orange Can of Death or the Extended Guard but the Ultra filter is a tank.

I run Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 1 filters on everything I own. I have been running their oil for over 25 years, and starting using their filters about 10 years ago. Personally I would leave a dirty filter on before putting on a Fram.

you guys still finding AC delco PF63's anywhere. PF 63E is the junk e core correct?

I ordered a bunch of them from Rockauto.com, it was cheaper then getting them locally. Even better it was not "E" ones. I keep them stored in my garage and buy the oil when its time to do an oil change. I'd recommend ordering from Rockauto. Hope that helps.

Daniel

Archived