Rubber Bed Mat on top of Line-X

For us folks that just have bare/painted metal back there- we get to use tie downs and bungees. Even something as small as a milkcrate can give you a seizure when you get on the brakes and it crashes into the headboard.

That's not the answer

I was being sarcatsic...kinda.

I've had 4 silverados. The first had line-x that the dealer soaked in armor all to the point you could hardly walk on it without falling on your face so I bought a mat.

The second and third had no line-x but did have a mat. I would take the mat out and throw anything and everything in it including running studded snowmobiles in and out of it to the point there were deep scratches all over. Then I would throw the mat back it and run it through rain, car washes, etc, etc. No rust or issues in any of them.

This is my 4th with line-x and a mat. I'm sure it will be fine.

Same here the LineX is great at protecting the floor and rust is no issue. The bed mat keeps stuff from sliding all over the place.

It's a good combo since bed mats by them selves will get dirt and stones under them and start to scratch the paint off. The LineX has no issues with dirt and small stones getting under the mat it doesn't hurt the floor.

Add me to the list with both. I bought a Dee Zee mat to protect the bed until I could find time to get to the closest Line-X dealer, who is an hour and a half drive from me. It made sense to keep using the mat after I got the Line-X, and I really like it.

I have a rubber mat on top of the LineX sprayed in the bed of my 2014. I actually bought the bed mat in 1996 when I bought my '96 Silverado. Then when I got my '99 Silverado I had the bed sprayed and since I had the mat I figured I might as well use it. Since it is still in good shape I used it in my '14. It has always worked great for me.

I did that on a previous truck. On this one, I have a rubber bed mat over top of the drop in liner. Keeps things from sliding around.

I put a cap on my trucks for gear, tool security, weather protection when in the mountains. I have had Rhino coat and now factory spray on. I also use a bed mat, my preference, no sliding. My mat is old, one side is smooth, the other has nubs. Using the nub side nothing moves.

Archived