Rubber Bed Mat on top of Line-X

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2016 Silverado and had the bed sprayed with Line-X Premium. I was considering purchasing the GM Rubber Bed Mat from my local dealership to put on top of the Line-X to add some extra protection as well as some more grip for when items are in the bed of the truck.

Does anyone else have this setup with a rubber bed mat over a spray-in liner? Are there any negative implications I should be worried about?

Thanks for your input!

Why did you spray the bed with Line-X if you just want to put another rubber mat over it?

It's your money.....

Thank you for the reply. I sprayed the bed with Line-X to protect the bed from rust, corrosion, etc. I find that the Line-X can be fairly slippery and items move around in the bed while driving, so I was considering a rubber bed mat to go on top of the Line-X.

I have line-x and a mat as well. It keeps things from sliding and banging around in there. And when I go hunting or have a bunch of dirty stuff to haul I pull the mat out so it stays clean. Then I don't feel so bad throwing groceries, clothes and other stuff on the clean mat vs the bed.

I have the setup outlined. Line-x is rough so I used the GM mat to protect items I put in the bed, plus it keeps the items from sliding around. I think I paid less than $100 for the GM mat on eBay brand new shipped.

Ha, I see that I have been put in my place!

Different strokes for different folks. I've gotten use to how I load things into my truck, but I already know that the next truck won't see near the "work truck" life that this one did. Perhaps my methods will change then.

Be careful about over doing it. That got some beds ruined with the plastic bedliners when they became popular last century. Apparently they trapped water and scratched the bed.

Now Line-X is probably a leap forward (although I dont know about their environmental practices and responsibilities), but if it rains (or you wash it) and water gets trapped and air cannot get to it to dry, you may have problems.....but if you remove and clean it regularly (added maintenance and responsibility) then you could probably catch a problem before it became severe to do harm.

Maybe going back to Line-X and seeing if they could top coat it with a rubberized grippy material then you could have it pretty good.......no extra worrying about more maintenance, holds stuff in place, and can be hosed out easily.

Be careful about over doing it. That got some beds ruined with the plastic bedliners when they became popular last century. Apparently they trapped water and scratched the bed.

Now Line-X is probably a leap forward (although I dont know about their environmental practices and responsibilities), but if it rains (or you wash it) and water gets trapped and air cannot get to it to dry, you may have problems.....but if you remove and clean it regularly (added maintenance and responsibility) then you could probably catch a problem before it became severe to do harm.

Maybe going back to Line-X and seeing if they could top coat it with a rubberized grippy material then you could have it pretty good.......no extra worrying about more maintenance, holds stuff in place, and can be hosed out easily.

If that happens I'll just need to trade it in for a newer model.

Add me to the list truck came with the bed mat. I then got it line-x no issues with water getting stuck between the two here that why the bed has the little drain holes in the front. Plus I found it is always dry under my mat when I lift the corners to look under it after its been raining

Archived