Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White

Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm... I wouldn't say that bud. It's not that I'm putting down peoples choices. I'm just engaging on the OP's thread topic white vs. diamond tricoat. I voted tricoat and stated why I don't like Summit just like others did. One member stated he went with Summit because of the "pop". Don't over analyze things here and have some humor here lol. It's a forum, it is what it is with opinions, views etc. and not everyone will agree or like what they read. It's the nature of the beast. It's all good though bud [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-V495 tablet using Tapatalk

You're saying one thing here, but doing the very thing you are saying you aren't doing.

Your post directly above is another example.

You're trying to put down people for their CHOICE of color in their truck and then belittling the color of Summit White as if Diamond Tricoat is so superior. What are you going to do next, post a picture of coal along side a picture of a black Sierra? Grow up.

You're saying one thing here, but doing the very thing you are saying you aren't doing.

Your post directly above is another example.

You're trying to put down people for their CHOICE of color in their truck and then belittling the color of Summit White as if Diamond Tricoat is so superior. What are you going to do next, post a picture of coal along side a picture of a black Sierra? Grow up.

Was kinda funny though..I think he's just razzin the summit white guys a bit, no big deal.

And I never said WDT was so superior. Where'd that come from? I don't own a WDT or any white vehicle for that matter. Anyway, yea CRApex, I thought it was funny too but apparently he didn't. Some people just have no humor, are too serious and don't like playing around. Geez dude lighten up...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

I struggled with buying anything but black as i drove my 2000 Z71 black w/ graphite leather for 16 years then on a whim bought a 2015 ram bighorn black w/ grey cloth it was a ok truck but i wanted back in a Chevy now my old Chevy had 232k on it and i just ran it thru car washes to keep it clean. after owning the ram and seeing how much work it was to keep a new black crew clean cause i never would run it thru a car wash like my old one i just could not buy a black truck. I had decided on the new pearl white or silver but not black . Old habits die hard so when i saw they didn't have a pearl or silver 2016 (big rebates) truck i couldn't help it... I bought a 2016 black high country but as i was signing the papers a new 2017 pearl HC drove by the window and this sick feeling came over me. I drove my new black truck home and it seemed like every other car or truck i passed was pearl white, after a uneasy night i called my dealer as soon as they opened and i knew since it was late when i bought my truck that the deal was still laying on the dealers desk i talked them into letting me switch trucks but i had to step up to a 2017 4x4 they had in pearl. So to me this is the best color in something that looks clean and is easier to keep that way. As to regular summit white which can look good and no offence to those that like it everybody has different tastes but im too old school i guess as that has always to me been a work truck color so it wasn't even a choice i would consider. I hated the off white pearls of the past and never would have bought one but this new version is very nice. As to looking off white like the above poster said mine looks light silver most of time. Im sure some like summit white cause its free but it should be being its only one step from being a delivery or service vecicle. lol

I struggled with buying anything but black as i drove my 2000 Z71 black w/ graphite leather for 16 years then on a whim bought a 2015 ram bighorn black w/ grey cloth it was a ok truck but i wanted back in a Chevy now my old Chevy had 232k on it and i just ran it thru car washes to keep it clean. after owning the ram and seeing how much work it was to keep a new black crew clean cause i never would run it thru a car wash like my old one i just could not buy a black truck. I had decided on the new pearl white or silver but not black . Old habits die hard so when i saw they didn't have a pearl or silver 2016 (big rebates) truck i couldn't help it... I bought a 2016 black high country but as i was signing the papers a new 2017 pearl HC drove by the window and this sick feeling came over me. I drove my new black truck home and it seemed like every other car or truck i passed was pearl white, after a uneasy night i called my dealer as soon as they opened and i knew since it was late when i bought my truck that the deal was still laying on the dealers desk i talked them into letting me switch trucks but i had to step up to a 2017 4x4 they had in pearl. So to me this is the best color in something that looks clean and is easier to keep that way. As to regular summit white which can look good and no offence to those that like it everybody has different tastes but im too old school i guess as that has always to me been a work truck color so it wasn't even a choice i would consider. I hated the off white pearls of the past and never would have bought one but this new version is very nice. As to looking off white like the above poster said mine looks light silver most of time. Im sure some like summit white cause its free but it should be being its only one step from being a delivery or service vecicle. lol

Yup..About 10 years ago I swore I'd never by a black truck again...Well then came 2016 and I bought a Black 2016 Denali. Convinced myself that with a good paint sealant it would be ok..WRONG. They look awesome but WAYY too much work. Needless to say I just picked up my new 2017 WHITE Denali yesterday...big stress reliever! ;)

post-129545-0-27064400-1479391720_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Umm... I wouldn't say that bud. It's not that I'm putting down peoples choices. I'm just engaging on the OP's thread topic white vs. diamond tricoat. I voted tricoat and stated why I don't like Summit just like others did. One member stated he went with Summit because of the "pop". Don't over analyze things here and have some humor here lol. It's a forum, it is what it is with opinions, views etc. and not everyone will agree or like what they read. It's the nature of the beast. It's all good though bud [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-V495 tablet using Tapatalk

To me, the summit white is brighter. It seems to stand out more.

The pearl finish is definitely cool looking but next to the summit, the pearl is almost more cream colored. (Just barely... but to me it just doesn't seem as bright)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife has a 2016 4Runner in Toyota's version of the pearl white and I really like the color. When I bought my truck, I drove a pearl and summit white and ended up choosing the summit white.

Both colors look good to me, I just seemed to like the brighter white a little better on the truck but would be proud to own either.

I bought my first 2014 LTZ 5.3 brand new and went with the Summit white. Now ive since gotten rid of that one and recently bought a used to me 2014 High Country 6.2. I like both having owned both, but i do like the color of my High Country a little more.

• 1 month later...

Archived