Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White

Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomcat, White diamond is the older beige one. White frost is GMC's equivalent to IPT

Correct I meant White Diamond tricoat.....WDT.......all these names confuse the crap out of me. I think I have it....IPT otherwise known as White Frost Tricoat is to white as WDT which is not really white is to beige.

The only thing I know for certain is they charge another $995 on the MSRP for the Malibu the same as for a Silverado crew cab with twice the amount of painted skin. So, I guess the money really isn't in the paint, its what they can shake out of your pockets holding you upside down by the ankles. .

• 4 weeks later...

damn dude.. the luck... i need to get my hood buffed. . it looks like little spots of rust all on it. but i can scrach it off with my finger.. it takes work but they do come off.. .i only found that 2 weeks after i picked it up.. on the first wash... was pissed.. i should of looked it over before i took it off the lot, but didnt like a dummy

It sounds like rail dust to me. A clay bar should take it off. No need for a Polish, maybe just a wax afterwards.

I saw both side by side before purchasing. The pearl white is a beautiful color... but the summit white is a very BRIGHT white, it really pops for some reason.

I went with summit - for (a) the "pop" factor and (b) I was worried if I ever needed minor paint repair, the pearl would be impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went with the Summit White for three reasons:

1. We live on a dirt & gravel road so rock chips are a given (even with 3M vinyl). Summit White will be relatively easy to touchup

2. $1000 is still a $1000, no matter what you pay for the truck.

3. Wife had a '90 Thunderbird SuperCoupe in Ford's "Bright White" and it looked awesome!

I pick up the truck on Saturday, feel like a teenager with a date with the prom queen. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Was at the Dealer and got to get some photos of the two white colors side by side. The White Frost Tricoat has come along way and is actually white. LOL

gallery_160425_4324_25081.jpg

gallery_160425_4324_11860.jpg

gallery_160425_4324_17953.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Save the $1000 go with the Summit White.

Those upcharged paint jobs also cost a lot more if you damage them and need to repaint, and they rarely match as perfectly as the base colors like Summit White.

Further, if you get a decent size rock chip and need/want to touch it up, the base paints blend in much better than the fancy colors.

Sure they don't shimmer as much, but it's a truck not a luxury car.

I've had both tricoat fancy paint on my cars and base white colors.

Never been disappointed by the base colors. Clean and classic.

And if you absolutely must feel like your truck needs to stand out a bit more, the $1k you save on the sparkling paint can go towards a set of aftermarket wheels.

I don't like summit white at all. As stated, it's "plain jane" and boring, it has no sparkle, lacks pizazz and just has no pop to it. Summit white looks too commercial, fleet, construction company, utility, water company, and cable company, plumber, A/C and electrical looking. It doesn't turn heads and never gets the "wow that's a beautiful color" compliments as the metallic colors do. If you're buying a truck for one of the above uses, Then by all means, get you some! But Summit white? It is what it is...

The "POP" factor LOL??? Are we talking about Summit white??? Does your Summit white washer and dryer "POP" too?

57868158.jpg

Wow, that's sad, but expected. There's always one who has to put down other people's choices in order to feel superior about their choice. Yeh, Really.

Umm... I wouldn't say that bud. It's not that I'm putting down peoples choices. I'm just engaging on the OP's thread topic white vs. diamond tricoat. I voted tricoat and stated why I don't like Summit just like others did. One member stated he went with Summit because of the "pop". Don't over analyze things here and have some humor here lol. It's a forum, it is what it is with opinions, views etc. and not everyone will agree or like what they read. It's the nature of the beast. It's all good though bud [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-V495 tablet using Tapatalk

Archived