Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White

Iridescent Pearl Tricoat or Summit White  

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to be placing an order next week for a Silverado Crew Cab, standard bed, 6.2 LTZ Z71 and I'm still undecided on the two colors. I really like the new iridescent pearl tricoat, but I'm worried about it having that yellowish look at certain lights. Like the old white diamond tricoat. I also like the look of the summit white. Which one would you choose and why?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the white diamond tricoat. I've never been able to do a white car - just not my thing. I broke with tradition with my truck because I needed something with a little more more color pop to it and the WDT ended up fitting the bill.

What I don't like: in certain limited conditions, and when parked next to a white vehicle in particular, the white diamond has an off-white hue. What I do like: when seen in either direct sunlight or indirect light that is still bright, the color and metallic flake is gorgeous and has a three dimensional quality to it like most metallic paints do.

I went with summit white. Hadn't seen iridescent pearl at the time. I've seen one since and they are much better IMO than white diamond. There is no yellow to it. Looks closer to summit white with a pearl coat. I'm not a fan of the $1000 option, but since you're going all out with the 6.2 LTZ, what's another grand?

I just traded my tri coat Sierra crew. Great color, got many comments and compliments wherever I go. Really hides light dirt very well. Looks awesome in the sun. With dark tint and the 20" chrome wheels it was a high class truck. Plain white is what we call "rental car white"!! Very vanilla. Now I made the mistake of trading it on a black Denalli yukon XL. Back to washing it twice a week!! Tri white was easy only once every 1-2 weeks!

I'm going to be placing an order next week for a Silverado Crew Cab, standard bed, 6.2 LTZ Z71 and I'm still undecided on the two colors. I really like the new iridescent pearl tricoat, but I'm worried about it having that yellowish look at certain lights. Like the old white diamond tricoat. I also like the look of the summit white. Which one would you choose and why?

I'd go with straight-up white. Those pearl whites just always look dirty and yellow-ish.

The new iridescent pearl is MUCH better than the old white diamond. I think we all agree that the old one was way too yellowish. They definitely fixed it with the new version. It is as white as my wife's platinum ice tricoat on her Cadillac.

See it in person if you can. The same paint is named white frost on Buicks and GMCs or crystal white on 2016 Cadillacs

IMHO...WDT is a little too feminine/old person like. Usually see gals/older folk driving these Beige like color vehicles....atleast in Texas anyway.

Not my intention to offend anyone...you go for what you like.

IMHO...WDT is a little too feminine/old person like. Usually see gals/older folk driving these Beige like color vehicles....atleast in Texas anyway.

Iridescent not White Diamond. White Diamond has been replaced. OP is polling for Summit White vs. Iridescent Pearl Tricoat. Iridescent is much better looking and White Diamond.

I agree that a lot of older people and girls drive WDT or beige colored vehicles here in Texas. That's why I never liked the WDT. Iridescent pearl doesn't have that yellow/beige as far as I can tell. I'm going to the dealer in a few hrs to check out some different trucks. That way I can decide what features/interior I want. Like suggested in one of the replys I'm going to put a summit white one next to an iridescent pearl one. I'm leaning towards the pearl because it's different. I haven't seen very many around. Maybe 2. There's a lot of summit white trucks running around my area. The summit white looks really good though. I agree that the pearl will be hard to match the paint, but then again the truck is pretty much already color matched. The only thing I don't like is that the ltz z71s come with the chrome mirror caps and chrome window trim. Why does GM think everyone wants chrome still? Either color will be a big change for me coming from a 08 black z71. The black looks amazing clean, but that only lasts a couple of days. Plus every single scratch/ding shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Alright. Just got back from the dealer. I ended up ordering Summit White. They put the summit white next to the pearl. The summit just looked better. Even the wife said she liked the summit white better. Now the wait begins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Summit White looks too plain jane to me. Every farmer and there mom has a white work truck around here so I opted for white diamond. When they're parked up next to each other the color difference is obvious. When it's shined up the color looks amazing in the sun. If I had to choose again I'd go with Iridescent (since WDT is gone).

Archived