Headlight Illumination Issues

Comments by a new '16 owner is that the '16 headlights are way better than his '14 that he traded. I noticed the projector is much bigger for the '16. Shame there is not a easy way to swap for the '16s. Or maybe there is?

• Like 1

Comments by a new '16 owner is that the '16 headlights are way better than his '14 that he traded. I noticed the projector is much bigger for the '16. Shame there is not a easy way to swap for the '16s. Or maybe there is?

Knowing GM, probably a total different assembly, not compatible with our vehicles made earlier. I did ask my dealer and he is checking, But I will lay odds that if by a slim chance they do fit GM will want a small fortune to upgrade them for us.

Working on it. Believe me, dealer will be no help. Dealers said SLT lights couldn't be fitted to SLE's. Ofer and Jared figured it out and designed a harness to make them to work. The '16 lights will bolt up to the '14/'15's but they use the newer round plug instead of the rectangular plug. GM is starting to use the round plug on all their vehicles. As soon as GM releases the SI wiring info on '16, Ofer will start working on the harness. The '16 lights aren't cheap and by the time you add the harness it will be a small fortune. But for those who want to spend the money, we're almost sure it can be done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Escalated issue to GM nothing done. The GM rep tried to offer me a $200.00 voucher, My truck is still under warranty 14654 miles I don't want the voucher I want my headlights fixed.

She then told me that she was going to close the case, I asked her why? The issue was not resolved, she still closed my case (Unresolved ).

GM moderator answer this.

M

After reading this I went and pulled a bulb on my 2015 Denali built mid May 2015. The bulbs are made by Phillips in Germany 55 watt 9012. I don't have any problem with lights.

the new 16 lights are much brighter but i don't believe they shine farther than the 15's? idk. i have friend's with 15 silverados and sierras and they're fine. my High Performance LED Headlights are way brighter though

can you take some output shots of the lights and maybe comparison shots?

I have a 2015 Silverado with projector beams, I tried the hid kit from carzenonkits, the lights were junk, I was very disappointed, the lob beam actually overheated after an hour and stopped working, I also couldn't see at night when the road was wet, I asked for the 4300k... I think they might have been the 6000k? This has been a very expensive mistake, I just went with the new 4000k piias, they were way better than the hids

I have a 2015 Silverado with projector beams, I tried the hid kit from carzenonkits, the lights were junk, I was very disappointed, the lob beam actually overheated after an hour and stopped working, I also couldn't see at night when the road was wet, I asked for the 4300k... I think they might have been the 6000k? This has been a very expensive mistake, I just went with the new 4000k piias, they were way better than the hids

Same problem the GM dealer has encountered with installing HID kits here, now they refuse to waste their time. They had manufacturers reps from the various kits try to resolve the problem, but so far no success. I tried led lights, without success now I have a led light bar behind my grill and that works great, but I have to get the dealer to connect it to the dimmer switch.