Headlight Illumination Issues

This was what one of the chat people have stated. Their phone number seems very hit and miss as well.

Same story he gave me when I finally contacted him.. Chat 24/7...NOT didn't work on Friday, Sunday afternoon finally answered Chat, He just started at 10 am pacific time no mention of who is supposed to look after Chat any other time, Apparently he just forwards Chat messages to their office and has no way of checking anything. Annoying Just sent them a letter by snail mail so will see what their response is if any :mad:

Still no product, Cancelled order, no willing to put up with LedheadlightsPRO.com BS. Shopper Approved Site means nothing, they only publish positive feed back and ignore the negative comments. I found another set of Led replacements, but now I can't find the site :(

Had the headlight upgrade done recently and noticed the pass side was shinning to the far left.after finding the air box was not seated right I found the bulb was not seated. Seated bulb and now the shudder is sticking.Sticks on high but bump it and it falls to dim. Anyone have some info on how to correct this?

Wow that's a new one on me. Haven't heard of this problem yet. I wouldn't know of a way to fix this except letting them put you a new headlight. Warranty will cover it otherwise opening up the housings to see what the problem is :confused: .

No problems with the radio....yet! Not impressed with On-Star phone, has a difficult time understanding commands, and it always repeats everything. ."calling, using on-start hands free calling" Like I don't know its using On-star hands free calling!

I hate the voice function, the only car I have owned with voice function that worked well was Ford's Sync system. I am just glad I can do all the same stuff through the steering wheel controls. I also don't care for the Onstar phone, I put on the minimum call minutes in case there is a problem with my normal phone.

I hate the voice function, the only car I have owned with voice function that worked well was Ford's Sync system. I am just glad I can do all the same stuff through the steering wheel controls. I also don't care for the Onstar phone, I put on the minimum call minutes in case there is a problem with my normal phone.

Ford's SYNC Gen 1 was HORRID. Gen 2 was BAD.

The only system I've EVER used that's worth anything is the Alpine and then Pioneer-based systems that Honda/Acura have in their cars.

Toyota is by far the absolute worst with Ford being a close second. GM's is only marginally better, making them the best of a sorry lot.

• Like 1

Finally got my hands on some LED lights for my 2015 GMC from Xenon Depot ( great service by the way) installed them and tested them last night. Results were so so, much brighter, look much better, but no further distance especially high beam. Lighting pattern on low beam an improvement but IMHO probably not worth the effort, changing the bulb on the passenger side is a real pain. One thing it did prove was that the problem with the lights (again my opinion) is the design of the reflector. GM needs to seriously address this area and come up with a replacement headlight assembly that actually works. Replacement LED kit - 9012 LED kit http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

Finally got my hands on some LED lights for my 2015 GMC from Xenon Depot ( great service by the way) installed them and tested them last night. Results were so so, much brighter, look much better, but no further distance especially high beam. Lighting pattern on low beam an improvement but IMHO probably not worth the effort, changing the bulb on the passenger side is a real pain. One thing it did prove was that the problem with the lights (again my opinion) is the design of the reflector. GM needs to seriously address this area and come up with a replacement headlight assembly that actually works. Replacement LED kit - 9012 LED kit http://www.xenondepot.com/9012-LED-headlight-kit-p/9012-led-hl.htm

On 2016 :

High-performance LED headlamps with LED signature standard on LTZ and High Country

Wonder it they changed the reflector design? If so, might be a solution for the upper trim older trucks?? So this will just help the ones with the projectors?

Edited by STex

I will have to check..LED lights I installed, good for city driving 30MPH, not worth a you know what for highway, I was actually scared to drive 60MPH with them, removing them tonight, not safe at all :(

did you make sure the led's are facing the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position? Makes a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...

from write up on PUtrucks.com. Maybe they can be swapped into earlier years?

If there's something familiar about the new Silverado's headlights, grille and daytime running lights, it's because a lot of the technology and design was pulled from the Cadillac CTS and the new Chevrolet Camaros.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/10/2016-silverado-1500-new-face-more-performance.html

Edited by STex