Headlight Illumination Issues

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

These are my before and after photos ...... I do not believe the upgrade is as bright as my 2005 GMC, BUT it is much, much better. I can now see the shoulders of the highway and I can see much farther down the highway. I do believe the lighting is AT LEAST 30% better, but probably much more.

I think I am willing to drive my new truck in the dark now. I can even see the dark ranch road to turn into the ranch now, whereas before I could not.

The first two photos are the before photos. The next two are the after TSB photos.

And the last one photo is the OEM headlights with Sylvannia Silverstar Ultra bulbs on my 2005 GMC 2500 HD.

sml_gallery_139206_3126_34753.jpg
sml_gallery_139206_3127_40595.jpg
sml_gallery_139206_3126_195631.jpg
sml_gallery_139206_3126_42156.jpg
sml_gallery_139206_3127_106610.jpg

Edited by Ranch55, 05 March 2015 - 09:56 PM.

Does anyone know about the 2016's sierras headlights? Will they fit a 2014? Are they better? Are they hids?

They wont fit the 2014/2015. They will hopefully be better. They are LED.

Well I had the upgrade done on my truck by the dealer and OMG I have no idea what they did but it is WORSE than when i took it in for dim headlights. I do not think they installed the bulbs properly or forgot to align the headlights after. I have a huge circle of blackness right on the yellow line in the middle of the road. Both ditches right close to the front of the truck are lit up like a runway but i cant see shit in front of me.

Does anyone know what the proper positioning of the bulb in the fixture should be. I looked at the left bulb in the fixture and the plugin portion of the bulb is facing up towards the hood. Is that correct? Anyone have pictures of properly installed upgraded bulbs? I am so disappointed and very pissed at the same time that this upgrade actually made my night driving way worse!!!

Thanks for any help you guys have.

Check to see if there installed correctly, sound like they missed a tab or two, most likely on passenger side, if they aligned it like that may have to have them redo alignment

Yeah i wish i had taken a picture tonight of how it illuminated the ditches and how dark it was on the road. I think it is totally misaligned or is it possible to mount the bulbs in the socket upside down?

Check to see if there installed correctly, sound like they missed a tab or two, most likely on passenger side, if they aligned it like that may have to have them redo alignment

+1

There was a definite improvement on my truck. Pull open the hood and check the driver's side connector to be sure that they actually installed the Vosla bulbs (it will be silk-screened on the coupler of the bulb). Then, you'll need to check to be sure that the bulbs are actually installed into the sockets properly.

well, I just got my new Sierra and I can honestly say GM did not do their homework very well when it comes to their headlights, Why would they design a $50K vehicle with absolutely NO adjustment for the high beam it is directly tied to low beam adjustment so my first trip back to service was to have the adjustment checked as low beam was high and high beam was great if you wanted to see low flying birds. So GM ordered a "new" light that was supposed to resolve the problem, it was better, but still seeing tree tops with high beam. Projector lights IMHO suck. Not what one wants for driving rural roads or mountain roads at night. I would love to take on of these "engineers" that design this crap out for a real road test. I guarantee they would have to change their pants when they came back