Headlight Illumination Issues

Ok, so I picked up a 2015 Sierra 1500 on Saturday. I've been stalking this forum for awhile now and have been keeping up on this info. Today I brought a printout of PIT5374 to the dealer and inquired about getting this upgrade done seeing as how I predominantly drive at night. He told me that my truck already has the update and bulbs. He said it was only some 14's that did not. Is this true? Is he just trying to pull one over on me?

Thanks

Josh

My 15 was built late last year and needed the upgrade. I just don't understand why it's such a big issue for some dealers to just do their job. it's just a flash and some new frickin bulbs.

Got my truck back from the dealer last night. Looks like they managed to do the entire TSB without messing anything up other than not getting my AFE intake airbox locked all the way in (admittedly it is a PITA).

BCM flash, Vlosa bulbs, and it looks like they actually did the headlight alignment procedure.

Ok, so I picked up a 2015 Sierra 1500 on Saturday. I've been stalking this forum for awhile now and have been keeping up on this info. Today I brought a printout of PIT5374 to the dealer and inquired about getting this upgrade done seeing as how I predominantly drive at night. He told me that my truck already has the update and bulbs. He said it was only some 14's that did not. Is this true? Is he just trying to pull one over on me?

Thanks

Josh

My 15 was built late last year and needed the upgrade. I just don't understand why it's such a big issue for some dealers to just do their job. it's just a flash and some new frickin bulbs.

My 15 needed it done as well. (and the difference is VERY significant)

I don't understand why your dealer is reluctant -- they're getting paid for it. Perform flash, install bulbs, check and adjust aim as necessary.

Took my 2015 Sierra CC in for the oil change and tire rotation and mention the I was having issues with the headlights not being bright enough at night in rural areas. The checked the lights in their car wash bay, because its the darkest place they have and they said everything was fine. So I went to my truck and got a copy the SB about the headlights and should it to them and they where shocked that I knew this info and even had a copy of the SB, but the service dept. rep, read through the SB and went to see if they had the light bulbs in stock, which they did, and they took my truck right back in for service with no questions asked. Now, i haven't driven at night yet, but thing to everyone with posting the info on this.

Josh

US Coast Guard Retired

Took my 2015 Sierra CC in for the oil change and tire rotation and mention the I was having issues with the headlights not being bright enough at night in rural areas. The checked the lights in their car wash bay, because its the darkest place they have and they said everything was fine. So I went to my truck and got a copy the SB about the headlights and should it to them and they where shocked that I knew this info and even had a copy of the SB, but the service dept. rep, read through the SB and went to see if they had the light bulbs in stock, which they did, and they took my truck right back in for service with no questions asked. Now, i haven't driven at night yet, but thing to everyone with posting the info on this.

Josh

US Coast Guard Retired

Lol awesome

Had the headlight issue performed at same day as oil change tire rotation. Service writer stated that my truck was the first one they did. I find it interesting that they had the bulbs in stock for which I suspect is for the headlight issue. He is curious to know how much improvement there will be.

Josh

US Coast Guard Retired

Yep, working just fine if you drive at night and only in a car wash bay. Did they at least say my bad, sorry?

Got my bulbs installed today and definitely could tell the difference. Is it a huge difference I dont think so but it is better than what was in there. I can see off to the side better and the cutoff on the light is farther out than before. Hats off to GM for making it right they could have said too bad and that would have been the end of it but they are trying.

I have a AT and I got it in mid April and the build on it was March. Like everyone on here i think the lights are not the best so I ordered some Putco nitro blue headlights and fog lights. I LOVE the color they put out. Yet when I put in the Putco lights the OEM bulbs were Philips. So whit that being said do I need/qualify for the update? and also since the update is just raising the voltage can I keep the Putco bulbs in?

Thanks

I have a AT and I got it in mid April and the build on it was March. Like everyone on here i think the lights are not the best so I ordered some Putco nitro blue headlights and fog lights. I LOVE the color they put out. Yet when I put in the Putco lights the OEM bulbs were Philips. So whit that being said do I need/qualify for the update? and also since the update is just raising the voltage can I keep the Putco bulbs in?

Thanks

I have Putco mirror white bulbs and they match my factory LED DRL's perfect. And yes you can use them with the update. The update increases voltage to the headlights from 12 to 14. Headlight bulbs are designed to operate at 14v. There's always been 14v in the truck while running but GM had it controlled from the BCM to 12v for whatever reason. While the truck is running, turn on the headlights check voltage to them. If it's 12v then you need the update and if it's 14 you're good to go :)

So the Philip bulbs that were in it don't really matter? just the voltage being run to the light? I feel the nitro blue lights match really good to except I think the have just glimmer or sparkle or blue depending on how you view them. Definitly a better color then the original!

If you had the PIT/TSB done, changing the bulbs to Vosla was part of that. Depending on the build date of your truck, it may have 14v to the lights but not the Vosla bulbs. You need to check voltage to your lights.

I had the TSB update performed yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to drive in the dark until tonight. I definitely noticed a difference and I am satisfied with the change. It's doesn't look the same as my 2008 Sierra, but Then again I have had no previous exposure to projector lights before.