Headlight Illumination Issues

Great, anyone know the service or bulletin number? Went back 10 pages or so with no luck.

Btw I have a 2015 sierra if that makes a difference.

Go back and start with posts about 500 to 550 or so ..........

Great, anyone know the service or bulletin number? Went back 10 pages or so with no luck.

Btw I have a 2015 sierra if that makes a difference.

You need to confirm your build date as well.

I had my bulb upgrade done Friday. I haven't had any night driving yet but my early morning commute has been better. Forward visibility is much better and I notice a little more further out the sides of the road, which is good with the amount of deer we have around here. I've had some bad experiences with night driving in the rain and it would almost seems like I didn't have a headlights.

Called my dealer today to make app for a few issues, first oil change, and to get the headlight upgrade. I have a feeling it's going to be like pulling teeth to get them to do the fix. When I described my inadequate lighting and asked for help, he replied in a very nasty tone, "Well this is the first problem we've ever heard about with these new trucks." Yeah, so... it sounds like I'm going to be in for a struggle. Maybe I should request he take a ride on my rural route home at 10pm to help me watch for deer?

Bottom of drivers door center pillar will be a placard build is top right of that stkr mine is 9/13

Not seeing anywhere near or on driver door can anyone be more specific as to where the build date is?

Let me get this straight, our build date as dealer told us is 1/27/15. So, if I am reading the bulletin correctly, our calibration has been done to make bulbs brighter, but we don't have newer bulbs??

Have not driven on too dark of roads yet. We specifically bought this truck keeping the built date in mind to hopefully avoid this headlight issue but not sure if we have new bulbs now.

Ok, so I picked up a 2015 Sierra 1500 on Saturday. I've been stalking this forum for awhile now and have been keeping up on this info. Today I brought a printout of PIT5374 to the dealer and inquired about getting this upgrade done seeing as how I predominantly drive at night. He told me that my truck already has the update and bulbs. He said it was only some 14's that did not. Is this true? Is he just trying to pull one over on me?

Thanks

Josh

I just got off the phone with my dealership and they were aware of the TSB. They ordered the parts and the update will happen as soon as they arrive. They did state that the parts are on back order.

Ok, so I picked up a 2015 Sierra 1500 on Saturday. I've been stalking this forum for awhile now and have been keeping up on this info. Today I brought a printout of PIT5374 to the dealer and inquired about getting this upgrade done seeing as how I predominantly drive at night. He told me that my truck already has the update and bulbs. He said it was only some 14's that did not. Is this true? Is he just trying to pull one over on me?

Thanks

Josh

Very simple. Check voltage to the headlights with engine running (should be 14v) and pop off the cover and see if you have Vosla or Philips bulbs.
  • Like 1

Very simple. Check voltage to the headlights with engine running (should be 14v) and pop off the cover and see if you have Vosla or Philips bulbs.

Thank you for this, I appreciate it. Vosla is the new bulb correct?

Thanks

Josh

As jamin87ss posted above, the bulbs are not fully seated. If you read all the useful information in this thread, it would have told you that. Go back to about post 500 to 550 and you will find all the detailed information ...........

Ranch, I actually did post @ #500 post. I've been dealing with this issue. I figured it was something with the installment of the bulb. I did read the info. Im just a bit mechanically inclined.
  • Like 1