Headlight Illumination Issues

Just got a notice from my Onstar. Looks like GM decided to include the Silverados on this. Waiting for the Service department to get back to me, but I got two bulletins, 1 for the drivers side headlight, the other for the passwnger. B2575 and B2699

What did you find out from the service department? I'm hoping to get an email on mine soon. Thanks.

My outside temperature is now okay and this is what the dealer gave me to read. It was only off by one degree at the dealer.

PIT5232A: Outside temperature will not update:

Condition/Concern

Some owners may comment that the outside temperature display in the radio will not update and displays at 32 degrees. This concern may have started after disconnecting battery or reprogramming a module.

Recommendation/Instructions

The outside temperature will begin update if driven above 20 mph for at least 5 minutes. If the vehicle speed drops below 20 mph, the timer will reset and the display will stop updating. Once the display starts to update it may take several more minutes of driving above 20 mph for the display to fully update.

Further, if the vehicle sits for at least 8 hours, the display will be updated when the ignition is turned on.

Good deal, keep us posted. Appreciate the quick reply!

My outside temperature is now okay and this is what the dealer gave me to read. It was only off by one degree at the dealer.

PIT5232A: Outside temperature will not update:

Condition/Concern

Some owners may comment that the outside temperature display in the radio will not update and displays at 32 degrees. This concern may have started after disconnecting battery or reprogramming a module.

Recommendation/Instructions

The outside temperature will begin update if driven above 20 mph for at least 5 minutes. If the vehicle speed drops below 20 mph, the timer will reset and the display will stop updating. Once the display starts to update it may take several more minutes of driving above 20 mph for the display to fully update.

Further, if the vehicle sits for at least 8 hours, the display will be updated when the ignition is turned on.

Good deal, keep us posted. Appreciate the quick reply!

Thanks! So they didn't do anything, it just corrected itself?

Thanks! So they didn't do anything, it just corrected itself?

Yes, it seems to be okay now. Your welcome. I talked to the sales person that sold me the truck, and he has one just like mine, and he knew nothing about the headlight replacement. Good communication GM!

Guys, I need some HELP! My headlights and dealer has been nothing but problems. I posted a month or so ago about how they put new lights in my truck and reprogrammed it. Well, yall pointed out they were the SAME ORIGINAL BULBS. The reprogramming worked. But I took it back in and they ordered the correct ones which were on backorder. They called a month later and said they were in and they installed them. The next night Im out driving and say what the % $@÷. Its WORSE! Its like the right headlight is pointing to the left. Its a huge black space on the right side. This picture here doesnt quite do it justice. I did take a video and you can see its clearly a big dark spot. My wife even noticed it. "Whats wrong with your ljghts"? I took it in a 3rd time and requested a shop foreman to be sure its complete. 3rd time taking it in and a major inconvenience. I just got a call from service guy saying they are trying to perform the test 25' away per GM. He did mention the lights cant go left and right only up and down? I dont know what the fix is... im no expert but it shouldn't be up to me to print off all the notices and instructions. If its wrong a 4th time, that truck will get parked at the entrance on a Saturday and im leaving it there.

Any advice on whats wrong?

Sorry for the rant. Here goes my photo taken from the driver's seat view.ff6d212e8e8c15ca0c1c1b24df5ec85a.jpg59ed41774a4807665796924f21f3907b.jpg

Guys, I need some HELP! My headlights and dealer has been nothing but problems. I posted a month or so ago about how they put new lights in my truck and reprogrammed it. Well, yall pointed out they were the SAME ORIGINAL BULBS. The reprogramming worked. But I took it back in and they ordered the correct ones which were on backorder. They called a month later and said they were in and they installed them. The next night Im out driving and say what the % $@÷. Its WORSE! Its like the right headlight is pointing to the left. Its a huge black space on the right side. This picture here doesnt quite do it justice. I did take a video and you can see its clearly a big dark spot. My wife even noticed it. "Whats wrong with your ljghts"? I took it in a 3rd time and requested a shop foreman to be sure its complete. 3rd time taking it in and a major inconvenience. I just got a call from service guy saying they are trying to perform the test 25' away per GM. He did mention the lights cant go left and right only up and down? I dont know what the fix is... im no expert but it shouldn't be up to me to print off all the notices and instructions. If its wrong a 4th time, that truck will get parked at the entrance on a Saturday and im leaving it there.

Any advice on whats wrong?

As jamin87ss posted above, the bulbs are not fully seated. If you read all the useful information in this thread, it would have told you that. Go back to about post 500 to 550 and you will find all the detailed information ...........

Edited by Ranch55

Would like to thank all the posters who wrote up the news about the illumination fix for the Sierras. We have had some terrible rains down here in Texas and I needed to go out this evening. Before the German bulbs, and the BCM flash, and the bulb adjustment, I would not have taken this $45,000 truck on the road, at night, in the rain. I live on a third-world rated East Texas hick road and this truck just couldn't handle it at night, or maybe I couldn't.

I am grateful for y'alls help. Thanks again....

Brought the truck in yesterday for my oil change and to have the TSB done. Took them almost 3 hours, first thing I did when I got the truck back when pop off both headlight covers and check that the new bulbs were indeed Volsas (they were) and I noticed the Driver's side bulb was installed incorrectly - one of the three tabs was not engaged into the socket so luckily I caught that. Waited for last night to roll around and all i have to say is WOW - brighters, wider, and now my headlights are white instead of yellow. I am super excited, thanks for all the info in this thread guys!

• Like 1

So I have done the fog light mod where my fogs come on with the brights and also have the LED cubes in place of stock fogs Does anyone know if when they flash the BCM to do the headlight upgrade will my fog light mods cause any problems with that?

So I have done the fog light mod where my fogs come on with the brights and also have the LED cubes in place of stock fogs Does anyone know if when they flash the BCM to do the headlight upgrade will my fog light mods cause any problems with that?

The BCM update increases the voltage from 12 to 14 on the headlights only and has nothing to do with the fogs.

The BCM update increases the voltage from 12 to 14 on the headlights only and has nothing to do with the fogs.

Great, anyone know the service or bulletin number? Went back 10 pages or so with no luck.

Btw I have a 2015 sierra if that makes a difference.

Edited by 1badtie