Headlight Illumination Issues

Dealerships deal and forget.Sad we can't put part of the purchase price in escrow until the warranty period is over. Dealers would aim to please!

Now that is an idea! Too bad we probably won't ever see that happen!

I had my bulbs replaced last week and the BCM update done. I now notice that the outside temperature reading is not reading the right degrees. Over on the Duramax Forum they are saying the IPC needs a software update also. Has anyone noticed that their outside temperature is off? Mine is off by about 5 degrees and was always right on before the BCM update.

I had my bulbs replaced last week and the BCM update done. I now notice that the outside temperature reading is not reading the right degrees. Over on the Duramax Forum they are saying the IPC needs a software update also. Has anyone noticed that their outside temperature is off? Mine is off by about 5 degrees and was always right on before the BCM update.

Haven't noticed that, but they did have to relearn all my tire pressure monitors after the update. They were all double dashes. I guess I'll have to pay a little closer attention to the temp.

I do remember reading something about someones displaying in Celsius when it was set to Fahrenheit for a day or so. They told him it would switch back in a day or two and apparently it did.

If it is still off after a week, I'd let them know.

Edited by Ventilator

Well I found out that my air box wasn't put back in correctly after my headlight upgrade. Took me a little while to put it back in but I managed. This is definitely something everyone who gets this upgrade done should check.

Same issue happened to my truck after the BCM flash....... Took my truck back in to service dealer and they had to reflash the BCM to correct the temp. sensor output ..... All working okay now.

IIRC, Duramax uses a different sensor for the amb temp

So what is the verdict with the new bulbs and BCM flash? Are they much better than the modified 9011s? I put them in and saw a good improvement over the stock 9012s.

Well I found out that my air box wasn't put back in correctly after my headlight upgrade. Took me a little while to put it back in but I managed. This is definitely something everyone who gets this upgrade done should check.

Same here. Also check the hose clamp. Mine was completely loose, but at least they had the hose snapped back over the air box. Could have been sucking in all kinds of dust/dirt out here where I live. No excuse for this stuff.

Edited by Ventilator

Well, my bulbs are still NOT in. My dealership ordered them, but only one was sent. That was just as they started getting all on backorder. Well, one came and that was all. Headlamps require two. Why ship just one? I have called the dealership about 3 times - still on back order. It has been over 6 weeks now. Come on, GM, lets get this going!!