Headlight Illumination Issues

There in but did you get them installed?

I believe you were waiting awhile and also have Vleds.

I'm on their schedule for Friday morning, would have went sooner, but I've been out of town for work until tomorrow evening. I just want the flash done as you are right, I have the Vleds. Couldn't talk them into doing the flash without the bulbs though. I'll be removing the bulbs regardless if they are the new or old ones and putting the LEDs back in soon as I get home that evening lol.

-Skeet

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet

I'm on their schedule for Friday morning, would have went sooner, but I've been out of town for work until tomorrow evening. I just want the flash done as you are right, I have the Vleds. Couldn't talk them into doing the flash without the bulbs though. I'll be removing the bulbs regardless if they are the new or old ones and putting the LEDs back in soon as I get home that evening lol.

-Skeet

You should leave them in a few nights and see what you think. Could be interesting!

Just got a notice from my Onstar. Looks like GM decided to include the Silverados on this. Waiting for the Service department to get back to me, but I got two bulletins, 1 for the drivers side headlight, the other for the passwnger. B2575 and B2699

just had mine done, as others have had 1 headlight way off because the bulb wasnt seated properly i decided to just fix it myself.

pulled the airbox pulled the cap off and saw the bulb only held in by 2 of the 3 tabs, fixed it and put it all back together in under 20 min.

now the lights seem to be aimed right. i havent really driven it but it seems better just on my street.

now what to do with that HID kit i bought and never installed....ill give these new headlights a couple days to see how i like them then decide if im going to still put in the HID's

Took my dealer 3 weeks to get the bulbs in. Spoke with them this morning and scheduled the service for next week - they insisted I take a loaner for the day since they said I am the first one they will be doing this for and have no idea how long it will take haha.

Any other first timers on this thread (or even not) and how long did they keep your truck for?

Edited by bladz1454

Took my dealer 3 weeks to get the bulbs in. Spoke with them this morning and scheduled the service for next week - they insisted I take a loaner for the day since they said I am the first one they will be doing this for and have no idea how long it will take haha.

Any other first timers on this thread (or even not) and how long did they keep your truck for?

The PI doc clearly outlines how much labor time they are allocated to do the work. Unless they've never changed a lightbulb before, and never flashed a control module before, they aren't virgins.

They're either blowing smoke about why it will potentially take so long, you've told them of the "many people" on here that had issues where the bulbs weren't seated properly and scared them, or they're trying to do the right thing and make absolutely certain that they can go through it "slowly" and get it right the first time. That last option would be great, but I kinda doubt it.

The PI doc clearly outlines how much labor time they are allocated to do the work. Unless they've never changed a lightbulb before, and never flashed a control module before, they aren't virgins.

They're either blowing smoke about why it will potentially take so long, you've told them of the "many people" on here that had issues where the bulbs weren't seated properly and scared them, or they're trying to do the right thing and make absolutely certain that they can go through it "slowly" and get it right the first time. That last option would be great, but I kinda doubt it.

I hope its the later of the two as well.

I've been dealing directly with the service manager and he's been a great guy since I bought the truck (other service people there blow). I came in a few months after buying the truck and showed him some condensation in my rear light and he was just like 'That's not acceptable, I'll have a new assembly in tomorrow for you' and when I first bought the truck there was a paint imperfection in the hood and he literally replaced the hood with another brand new trucks hood of the same color to avoid repainting - so I do like the way he goes about his services, definitely trust him.

I hope its the later of the two as well.

I've been dealing directly with the service manager and he's been a great guy since I bought the truck (other service people there blow). I came in a few months after buying the truck and showed him some condensation in my rear light and he was just like 'That's not acceptable, I'll have a new assembly in tomorrow for you' and when I first bought the truck there was a paint imperfection in the hood and he literally replaced the hood with another brand new trucks hood of the same color to avoid repainting - so I do like the way he goes about his services, definitely trust him.

Sounds like a phenomenal service manager. Mine has been good as well but, I'm not sure if he would go to those lengths. I had my bulbs replaced about a month ago. Took them right at an hour.

Sounds like a phenomenal service manager. Mine has been good as well but, I'm not sure if he would go to those lengths. I had my bulbs replaced about a month ago. Took them right at an hour.

Agreed.

What a lot of dealership owners / General Managers don't understand is that seeing that sexy truck from the road gets you on the lot. Being treated awesomely by service brings you back. Too many dealerships don't stress that repeat business, AND service business, is more important than once and done.

Appointment was at 1, dropped the truck off at lunch, just picked it up after work and was told they got the old bulbs so they didn't do anything. I'm about to give up on this mess of a dealership.

-Skeet

Ask them if there's a way that they could easily involve GM Customer Service to get a case assigned so that the order could maybe be expedited. That's basically what my dealer had to do to help me because there were no bulbs available otherwise.

• Like 1

Appointment was at 1, dropped the truck off at lunch, just picked it up after work and was told they got the old bulbs so they didn't do anything. I'm about to give up on this mess of a dealership.

-Skeet

when you get the request via email to give them a comment, rip them hard. i've done it twice to my dealership and they bend over backwards to make me happy. They know I give them a review based on my exact experiences, every time, down to the service tech's name.

• Like 1

-Skeet

they should have done the flash anyways since you are running LEDs. I have been waiting on my bulbs for a while. Four needed. I have said this before,sounds like a SNL skit! Dealerships deal and forget.Sad we can't put part of the purchase price in escrow until the warranty period is over. Dealers would aim to please! Edited by WLC
  • Like 1