Headlight Illumination Issues

The headlight bulbs are from autopartswarehouse.com part # P45239012MW. You can search the part number and ebay has them. Putco has a double white, night white, spark white, mirror white and nitro blue in the 9012 in 60w. Mirror white is the whitest light and brightest bulb. As for the fogs, the way to go is to ditch the factory lamps and H16 bulbs. They don't work well and are only 28w. These lamps (link below) are a direct replacement, pop right in and use the brighter 55w H3 bulb. I'd replace the bulb to a Putco Mirror White H3 (part# 23003MW) which would be a match for the headlights.. The new lamps have the adaptor harness already installed for easy plug and play.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380981266829?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

H3 Mirror White fog bulbs

P230003NW_1000.jpg

Can you confirm these are a direct replacement? When I use the configurator at the link it states my 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT is not compatible.

JC Whitney site shows them as direct fit, they're labeled "Universal", and the Putco site says they fit.

The part number is P45239012MW.

P - Putco

45 - Don't know

23 - Seems to be a "series" (maybe indicates the Pure Halogen?)

9012 - 9012 Bulb size

MW - Mirror White

Looks like they're sold in NAPA stores.

To confirm yes, the headlights 9012 and fog lamps are direct fit. I have them both. The H3's will not fit in the existing lamp housings but will fit in the housings that I have the ebay link posted.

Edited by mafd2

JC Whitney site shows them as direct fit, they're labeled "Universal", and the Putco site says they fit.

The part number is P45239012MW.

P - Putco

45 - Don't know

23 - Seems to be a "series" (maybe indicates the Pure Halogen?)

9012 - 9012 Bulb size

MW - Mirror White

Looks like they're sold in NAPA stores.

You and rmart may be talking about 2 different things that I posted about. I posted about the 9012's and new replacement fog lamp assemblies with H3's.

The assemblies. Those bulbs look like standard H3 light bulb. I was more interested in the fog light assemblies.

Also, wondering how well they hold up with the hotter bulbs.

I had a set of KC driving lights that worked fine with 55w H3 halogens but when I put 55w H3 SilverStars in there the lenses melted.

rmart, you can't always go by the ebay configurator. The GM part # for the Acadia, Camaro, Suburban are the same as the Sierra. The 2014 Sierra also uses the same fog light as the Ford Escape, and certain year Mustangs. The fog lamps are a direct fit on the '14/'15 Sierra. The Putco 55w H3's will fit in the lamps (link below). Hope I cleared things up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380981266829?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The assemblies. Those bulbs look like standard H3 light bulb. I was more interested in the fog light assemblies.

Also, wondering how well they hold up with the hotter bulbs.

I had a set of KC driving lights that worked fine with 55w H3 halogens but when I put 55w H3 SilverStars in there the lenses melted.

Standard H3 bulbs are 55w. That's what comes installed in the assemblies. The replacement Putco's are just whiter and brighter but have the same wattage. I've seen H3's in 100 watt which I wouldn't recommend. The stock H16's are 28 watt and are terrible.

rmart, you can't always go by the ebay configurator. The GM part # for the Acadia, Camaro, Suburban are the same as the Sierra. The 2014 Sierra also uses the same fog light as the Ford Escape, and certain year Mustangs. The fog lamps are a direct fit on the '14/'15 Sierra. The Putco 55w H3's will fit in the lamps (link below). Hope I cleared things up.

Is this a pair of lamps or just one? Some of the other lamps actually say pair but this link doesn't. Basically if I buy this, it will replace both the lamp housing and the bulb correct?

Yes it's for the pair. They will have standard H3's in them. If you want them to match the Putco 9012's, get the Putco H3's mentioned in my earlier post. Here's another set of lamps with H3's (link below). These would be easier to swap the bulbs to the Putco's because of the spade connector on the positive wire of the bulb and the H16 harness (see pic on the ebay link). On the set of lamps I have, the positive wire was spliced into the H16 adaptor and didn't have spade connectors. It was an easy fix. I just cut the splice and added a female spade to the H16 harness that plugged into the new H3 bulb. Makes sense?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151492317362?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by mafd2

I may have missed this somewhere in the thread.... Has anyone been able to a comparison between the Volsa bulbs and Silvania's 9011's after the BCM flash?

My dealer supposedly flashed the BCM last time I was in for the light update but did not have the new bulbs to put in. (might need to double check this with them next time I'm at the dealership) Just wondering if its even worth trading out the 9011's for the Volsas.