Headlight Illumination Issues

I don't believe so since any update will list the document it supersedes.

Well that's what I would have thought, but some have posted indicating the change caused some problem.

(most search engines will find similar items...)

I just called my local dealer. (You see, he's much too busy to notify me, the customer, when my new bulbs come in so I have to call him) Anyway, my new bulbs are in and I am scheduled to get the work done on Wednesday.

I feel like an 8 year old kid that just found out he's getting a brand new BB gun for Christmas.

Stopped in and spoke with the service writer. He ordered the bulbs but said they're on backorder, no estimated availability date.

I did have them print out the bulletin and I scanned it in if anyone needs it.

As others have noted, if the document has been updated for a second time and the document you is have is PIT5374B a lot of Sierra owners would probably like to have a copy. In my case the headlights were successfully updated under PIT5374A and several local Sierra owners I've talked to are also anxious to get it done. I do have a copy of PIT5374A I can share with them but with all the confusion at the dealer level it may not help if PIT5374B is now the applicable bulletin.

Can anyone who has just recently had the upgrade done shed any light (sorry) on the question of which PIT is the latest and, hopefully, make a copy available?

Just tell 'em you heard there is a bulletin about an lighting upgrade available for sierra. Any dealer should be able to find it. (and they aren't going to order parts or do the work without looking it up for themselves anyway)

All that said, I'm curious about what was changed too.....

Edited by redwngr

Just got a copy of TSB PIT5374. Dealership could not find it until I told them it was not a recall. Had to clarify twice it was a TSB (assuming that is a technical service bulletin).

Not sure how else to post it except in .jpg. Dealership has ordered the bulbs.

PIT5374%20pg1_zpsbaryt1wr.jpg

PIT5374%20pg2_zpswajlopb9.jpg

PIT5374%20pg3_zpshlqvsvcp.jpg

PIT5374%20pg4_zps0qyy81lf.jpg

I copied these photos in my phone, showed it to service guy and two minutes later he said it'll be taken of.

Easy .

Thanks for all the info guys.

And here I thought I was just getting old and couldn't see good at night driving anymore.

On Mon. 4/6 I had the update performed. Well, new Vosla bulbs really.

I didn't notice much of a difference. Other than the tiger stripe pattern. Yup! The right side bulb installed incorrectly and there is no way the alignment was checked. :nonod:

It appears that at some point before I had taken delivery in Jan., that my BCM had received the update (voltage of 14+ volts prior to update). I rechecked the voltage after the update and remained in the same range, 14+ volts.

Like someone that posted prior, I imagine the reason for the replacement bulbs is probably that they are more robust and can better handle the increased voltage.

Edited by EastCoast HD

Took my truck in for its first oil change today and mentioned the headlight issue. They knew about it right away and offered to book me in this week for the replacement. Only reason they didn't do it today was because their tech was booked up. I personally know the mechanic that's going to put them in and he is very good.

Definitely having good experiences with my dealership so far.

• Like 1

Called the dealer and told them about it, they called me back saying that my 'truck has halogens and this TSB does not apply to it. The new bulbs in that TSB would not fit my truck anyways.'...

I have a 2014 Sierra SLT (purchased in October of 2013)... are they playing dumb or am I missing something here?

Called the dealer and told them about it, they called me back saying that my 'truck has halogens and this TSB does not apply to it. The new bulbs in that TSB would not fit my truck anyways.'...

I have a 2014 Sierra SLT (purchased in October of 2013)... are they playing dumb or am I missing something here?

They are retarded, they are probably thinking of the LED strips.... Some people still do not know the difference between the bulb.

Pull the bulb out and show them it is a halogen and see what they say LOL, it is not even that hard to pull them out to check what they actually are..... dealership nowadays... sigh....

They're wrong.

They are retarded, they are probably thinking of the LED strips.... Some people still do not know the difference between the bulb.

Pull the bulb out and show them it is a halogen and see what they say LOL, it is not even that hard to pull them out to check what they actually are..... dealership nowadays... sigh....

They're wrong.

Thanks guy, I'm literally going to print that PDF above and hand it to them