Headlight Illumination Issues

Will give it a shot. After hearing how well everyone else's turned out I was hoping it was something.

Is the bulb seating into the socket or the whole socket & bulb seating into the housing?

Likely just the bulb in the socket.

Had the update completed 3/23 and while it is indeed brighter, the "hotspots" with these bulbs are HORRIBLE. I have strong beams of light down and to the left on the driver's side and down and to the right on the passenger side. Leaving a gaping dark hole right in front of the truck! I've re-aimed and attempted to get the hotspot out a bit further, but then the brights are worthless as they're in the trees. Is there a way to re-aim left to right?

Really not sure the update has been worth it for me. May have to look at aftermarket after all..... disappointed :nonod::help:

One or both bulbs are not fully seated in the mounting holes. Both must be fully turned and seated or you will see unlighted spots. Fully seating the bulbs can be difficult but must turn them until you can definitely feel the stops ......

Will give it a shot. After hearing how well everyone else's turned out I was hoping it was something.

Is the bulb seating into the socket or the whole socket & bulb seating into the housing?

Mine was the whole socket itself

Search for bulletin PIT5374A

(original number did not have the A suffix)

I'm not sure that tsb is the correct terminology for this document.

If the different document types are in different database, that may be the reason some service advisers are saying they can't find it.

Does anyone know what the "A" added?

Labor

And made it so that a search is for the original bulletin number will find nothing. (according to some of the feedback posted)

Edited by redwngr

And made it so that a search is for the original bulletin number will find nothing. (according to some of the feedback posted)

I don't believe so since any update will list the document it supersedes.

Search for bulletin PIT5374A

(original number did not have the A suffix)

I'm not sure that tsb is the correct terminology for this document.

If the different document types are in different database, that may be the reason some service advisers are saying they can't find it.

I thought I read here where someone said this is now progressed to PIT5374B ?

Mine was the whole socket itself

Wahoo! Drivers side indeed was not seated properly. Just checked and no more annoying errant bright spot and no more black hole!

Thanks to the posters on this thread that saved me a return trip to the shop.

• Like 1

Wahoo! Drivers side indeed was not seated properly. Just checked and no more annoying errant bright spot and no more black hole!

Thanks to the posters on this thread that saved me a return trip to the shop.

Lol were glad great news, amazing that so many "techs" can't do this but is what it is

Lol were glad great news, amazing that so many "techs" can't do this but is what it is

At least my tech had the bulbs installed right, but he never tightened the hose clamp for the air box. It makes you wonder about some of those guys. Pretty sad that we have to follow up on this stuff to make sure it's done right. I just wonder how many of them touch the bulbs with their bare fingers, creating a hot spot on the bulb. Sadly, I'm counting on having to replace these bulbs prematurely.

Edited by Ventilator