Headlight Illumination Issues

Right.

I don't think location has much to do with it. My truck was one of the first, if not the first in Texas to have the upgrade done. I was one (of several folks) who had been pursueing the inadequate headlight issue with my dealer and GMC customer assistance. I had a case number assigned to me.

My dealer had the new Vosla bulbs, GM part # 23342527, ordered for my truck before the actual PIT5374 document was widely distributed .....

Now, that being said, I have since been able to order some more of the Vosla bulbs, with the GM part #, so I can have some spare bulbs on hand. I always keep spare headlight bulbs on hand because of the very rural, 60 miles from town, country where I live.

It only took about 3~4 days for the spare bulbs to arrive......

My dealer was able to order them for me yesterday. He said there was nothing in the system that said they were back-ordered or that there was a hold on them. Now I'm not going to hold my breath - with my luck they probably ordered the Phillips ones but I guess we will see!

Stopped in and spoke with the service writer. He ordered the bulbs but said they're on backorder, no estimated availability date.

I did have them print out the bulletin and I scanned it in if anyone needs it.

Update from my dealer today is that the bulbs are en route to the distribution center. I will talk with him again next week to see if they've maybe moved a little closer to being sent to the dealership.

Stopped in and spoke with the service writer. He ordered the bulbs but said they're on backorder, no estimated availability date.

I did have them print out the bulletin and I scanned it in if anyone needs it.

That's the same result my dealer had but they came in about 2 weeks. Shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Had the update completed 3/23 and while it is indeed brighter, the "hotspots" with these bulbs are HORRIBLE. I have strong beams of light down and to the left on the driver's side and down and to the right on the passenger side. Leaving a gaping dark hole right in front of the truck! I've re-aimed and attempted to get the hotspot out a bit further, but then the brights are worthless as they're in the trees. Is there a way to re-aim left to right?

Really not sure the update has been worth it for me. May have to look at aftermarket after all..... disappointed :nonod::help:

Had the update completed 3/23 and while it is indeed brighter, the "hotspots" with these bulbs are HORRIBLE. I have strong beams of light down and to the left on the driver's side and down and to the right on the passenger side. Leaving a gaping dark hole right in front of the truck! I've re-aimed and attempted to get the hotspot out a bit further, but then the brights are worthless as they're in the trees. Is there a way to re-aim left to right?

Really not sure the update has been worth it for me. May have to look at aftermarket after all..... disappointed :nonod::help:

Just curious, did you check to make sure the bulbs were fully seated? I thought I saw a photo in this thread where the dealer didn't seat one, and the illumination pattern looked like what you are describing on one side.

I was the first one to have the new bulbs installed at my dealer. I had a dark spot between my bulbs too. My problem was the drivers side bulbs was not seated correctly. When it gets dark out turn your lights on and try reseating your drivers side first since its the easiest to get to you will be able to tell as soon as its seated right the gap will disappear between the lights. The guide rings for the seat of the bulbs must be very small and tight since there is so much of this going on. Just be real easy with it and it will work. It sounds to me that what your saying both of yours my be not seated.

Like others have said, it sounds like your bulbs are not seated correctly. I had the update done the other day and there aren't any hotspots.

Like others have said, it sounds like your bulbs are not seated correctly. I had the update done the other day and there aren't any hotspots.

Will give it a shot. After hearing how well everyone else's turned out I was hoping it was something.

Is the bulb seating into the socket or the whole socket & bulb seating into the housing?