Headlight Illumination Issues

I'd just get the BCM updated until the bulbs come in. The update alone will send more volts to the stock bulbs which has to help a little. Also get the radio update for reception...it helps.

I'm about to call in my headlight update with reference numbers, are their reference numbers for the radio reception update?

Thanks!

Drove around last night with my newly improved headlights. I have to say it is a drastic improvement. Way better. The only thing is I need to aim my lights down a bit since I added my Bilstein Level. Not much, just a tad.

Drove around last night with my newly improved headlights. I have to say it is a drastic improvement. Way better. The only thing is I need to aim my lights down a bit since I added my Bilstein Level. Not much, just a tad.

Any chance you could check the voltage output at the bulb connector?

Curious to see what it is after the BCM update.

My truck was built on 2-3-15 in Mexico. According to the TSB, I should already have the upgrade. Pulled my headlight bulbs today and they are Phillips not Vosla. Went to the dealer and he can't explain it. He tried to order the Vosla bulbs but GM said the bulbs are non-existent. He thinks that the BCM was upgraded but can't explain why it came with the Phillips bulbs. Any ideas?

Edited by steelcity

Had my truck in to the dealership to verify that I fall under the warranty today. Dealer says they will perform the fix as soon as the parts become available and right now claims there isn't a spare bulb in the entire continental US.

Just got off the phone with me dealer's Service Manager. Taking the truck in next Friday for the IntelliLink update and leaving it for the day (supposedly a lengthy update this time). He has not been able to order the bulbs as of yet as the system won't let them (no availability). He will try again on the off chance that he can get them for next Friday.

He mentioned to me that the doc has been revised again and is now at PIT5374B.

My truck was built on 2-3-15 in Mexico. According to the TSB, I should already have the upgrade. Pulled my headlight bulbs today and they are Phillips not Vosla. Went to the dealer and he can't explain it. He tried to order the Vosla bulbs but GM said the bulbs are non-existent. He thinks that the BCM was upgraded but can't explain why it came with the Phillips bulbs. Any ideas?

So then it appears the TSB isn't worth the paper it's printed on. My truck was built 2 1/2 weeks after they should have been installing the Vosla bulbs, yet mine came with Phillips.

So then it appears the TSB isn't worth the paper it's printed on. My truck was built 2 1/2 weeks after they should have been installing the Vosla bulbs, yet mine came with Phillips.

Sorry, after re-reading and re-reading the TSB it appears that the upgrade to the BCM was done. If I go to the dealership and bitch, they are to replace both bulbs. Now I get it. I gots to get me some new bulbs. But according to GM, the bulbs can't be had anywhere.

Just got off the phone with me dealer's Service Manager. Taking the truck in next Friday for the IntelliLink update and leaving it for the day (supposedly a lengthy update this time). He has not been able to order the bulbs as of yet as the system won't let them (no availability). He will try again on the off chance that he can get them for next Friday.

He mentioned to me that the doc has been revised again and is now at PIT5374B.

Someone will need to find a copy of the updated number for future readers of this post Id imagine, or anyone that has yet to get an order in. Dealer told me just now bulbs are shown as out of stock as well.

-Skeet

Any chance you could check the voltage output at the bulb connector?

Curious to see what it is after the BCM update.

I dont have a multimeter or anything.

I have no issue waiting for the parts to come in. My dealer is saying he's not being allowed to even order the parts.

Probably because they are so severely back ordered.

Thanks to whoever found this repair bulletin.I called the gm shop and mentioned the bulletin and got the we've never heard of this or any problems with the lighting,but bring it in and we'll have a look.Well...phoned gm Canada talked to someone there that really cared,he phoned the dealership while I held on the line (muted)had a conference call when he came back on with dealership.I can assure you the dealership had a keen interest in this repair,even calling back after the conference call had ended.

Thanks again

Jim

Thanks to whoever found this repair bulletin.I called the gm shop and mentioned the bulletin and got the we've never heard of this or any problems with the lighting,but bring it in and we'll have a look.Well...phoned gm Canada talked to someone there that really cared,he phoned the dealership while I held on the line (muted)had a conference call when he came back on with dealership.I can assure you the dealership had a keen interest in this repair,even calling back after the conference call had ended.

Thanks again

Jim

No bulb shortage in Ontario Canada. I had mines done right away in Cambridge

Forgot to mention that my dealer ALSO told me today that the bulbs were apparently being sourced out of Vancouver. Seemed odd, but might be why the folks to the North seem to be getting this done so quickly.