Headlight Illumination Issues

I had my bulbs replaced. I had to really stir up the sh*t pot to get them. I asked the dealer how many complaints they had about the lights and they said one, me. Either no one has an issue or that dealer doesn't sell any trucks.

Had my bulbs replaced and BCM flashed this morning. Took less than 40 mins. Gonna take the truck out this evening when its dark to test them out.

Ahhh I remember my first night with the update. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just had mine done this morning as well, really looking forward to driving home from work tonight! I did have to take it to a different dealership to get the service done, the one I bought my truck from still denies any upgrade available, even after I gave them the PIT. Took about an hour.

Well got mine done today...took her out tonight and wow what a difference. I could even notice the difference in town with street lights on. Makes one hell of a difference, having said that I may adjust the lights a bit higher. Low beam just a bit low for my liking but 40% at least brighter as stated in early post would be most accurate. If your sitting on the fence or your dealer is nieve on the subject push for it! They know whats' going on,there just being $%^t heads about it...

Where are the bulbs GM? My dealer can't get any!

Probably because this is a pre-recall, for the lack of the right words. We "enthusiasts" are ahead in the game and it'll be a while before the system catches up. Have them do the firmware upgrade, readjust the existing lamp aim, and things will be improved--you'll be able to see both shoulders with the factory bulbs. And when the German bulbs come in, it'll even be better.

When I had my truck done the service manager ordered 4 sets so he'd have them in stock when the next person came in to have their truck done. I was the first to bring this issue to their attention.

I'm fortunate to have a great dealership from sales to service and reading some of these posts makes me wonder about how others are treated at their dealerships!

I'm still waiting for bulbs, blah, all I want is the BCM update. A friend of mine from high school is a manager in the parts department, don't know if he will have any pull or not, but going to talk to him to see if I can just get the flash and they can save the bulbs for someone else lol.

-Skeet

Before (Sorry these aren't the best, i'll blame it on the bad lighting...):

2015-03-06%2020.10.56.jpg

Gotta love going around turns blind, and hoping to stay on the road

2015-03-06%2020.11.55.jpg

After (Obviously something is wrong):

2015-03-30%2020.27.27.jpg

2015-03-30%2020.27.41.jpg

2015-03-30%2020.30.06.jpg

After (pass side headlight was not seated properly):

Without fogs:

2015-03-31%2021.06.52.jpg

With fogs:

2015-03-31%2021.06.55.jpg

I can see now!

2015-03-31%2021.07.48.jpg

Sorry I know the pictures aren't the best, but I hope they help. Overall very happy with this fix, but still glad I have the fogs. All pictures are low beam.