Headlight Illumination Issues

The parts and software updates are available in Canada now. I gave my dealer the documents that are in this thread and they were able to find the canadian version of the bulletin which has a slightly different code. I can post that in a week or 2 when i get time to drop the truck off For the service And i see my invoice. Parts are ordered and they said they should be in mid next week...but i dont have time next week.

Im still trying to find info on the transmission software update of anyone can assist me that would be great. I find the shifting sucks when light on the gas but amazingly smooth when you lean on it. Light throttle just seems to confuse the tranny software.

Still waiting a call back from the dealer since ordering replacement bulbs, going on two weeks.

Today I decided to measure the voltage output to the OEM bulbs, pre TSB update.

Voltage didn't change with DRL's or High beam on / off.

Wondering how it compares to BCM update?

Sorry about the large pics, new 'puter. Need an image resizer, lol.

I just measured mine and I am at 12.47Volts. I see you have a 2015, looks like you might already have the software update.

I just measured mine and I am at 12.47Volts. I see you have a 2015, looks like you might already have the software update.

From your two profiles I see you have a slt and he has a sle listed. Could that impact readings since the DRL's are different?

Edit* I see he tested with drl on and off with no change, I don't know just thought it could possibly make a difference.

-Skeet

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet

From your two profiles I see you have a slt and he has a sle listed. Could that impact readings since the DRL's are different?

-Skeet

I think the only difference should be that SLE headlight voltage with the lights off is 6V (DRL) where the SLT would be 0V. Headlights on should be the same voltage, I would say 12.4 pre BCM update 14.35 post update. This seems to match the VOLSA bulb specs.

• Like 1

The parts and software updates are available in Canada now. I gave my dealer the documents that are in this thread and they were able to find the canadian version of the bulletin which has a slightly different code. I can post that in a week or 2 when i get time to drop the truck off For the service And i see my invoice. Parts are ordered and they said they should be in mid next week...but i dont have time next week.

Yeah I already had mine done.

I think the only difference should be that SLE headlight voltage with the lights off is 6V (DRL) where the SLT would be 0V. Headlights on should be the same voltage, I would say 12.4 pre BCM update 14.35 post update. This seems to match the VOLSA bulb specs.

Ive got the sle, and i can check the drl voltage vs headlight then compare again after the update.

Ide love to the drl and lows be the same voltage....would make hid kits easier to install.

Was that with the engine running?

Interesting if my BCM has the update. My trucks build date is 9/14 (VIN "Z") which is within the scope of the bulletin.

I took delivery on 1/20/15, eight days after the release of BCM update. I wonder if it was checked for updates by the dealer prior to delivery?

Or possibly GM was aware of the issue and updating the BCM at the factory?

The bulbs are OEM Philips 9012.

Edited by EastCoast HD

Im still trying to find info on the transmission software update of anyone can assist me that would be great. I find the shifting sucks when light on the gas but amazingly smooth when you lean on it. Light throttle just seems to confuse the tranny software.

Check my post on page 53 post #791 there is a copy of my invoice for the light bulb upgrade

I'm having difficulty understanding why some service and parts departments are saying they are having a hard time getting the new Vosla bulbs. I am now seeing more places online to order the GM part #23342527. I have just received two (to have spares on hand) that I ordered online from a GM dealer and received them in about four days.

So...... what gives ?????? :dunno: Beats me .........

Called different dealer this am and gave them part no.23342527 vosla bulb. Also gave them PIT5374A. Could have bought two acres on the moon easier! She said bulbs are not in any dist. centers? Like I said before,number of trucks sold x2 equals number needed! Then she said is there anything else I can help you with. Gotta love them.