Headlight Illumination Issues

Took the truck in for its second free service today.

Asked them to do the headlight upgrade - didn't admit to having heard of any headlight problems.

Thanks to this forum and this thread I showed them a copy of the PIT.

By now I'm thinking that I'm not going to get anything sorted today.

However, somebody knew about it.

When I picked it up it was all sorted - 2 new bulbs (correct part #) and a BCM flash...and no charge!

Thanks guys for all your hard work on this problem.

Well I couldn't resist, so just took it out for a test drive in the dark.

Very noticeable improvement - I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Edited by Liquorice

I just bought 2015 not sure if mines come with this new upgrade headlight or can anyone lead me to the right direction as to see how I can verify if I have them or not. If not so I can visit the stealership

I just bought 2015 not sure if mines come with this new upgrade headlight or can anyone lead me to the right direction as to see how I can verify if I have them or not. If not so I can visit the stealership

Refer to prev pics, pop the bulb out n look,

• Like 1

My back-ordered bulbs just came in according to the Service Writer. Appointment set for Tuesday. Woo hoo!

Took a drive last night in the woods - I can see! The aim is real high which I will fix this weekend, but I now can see at night like I expected when I first purchased the truck!

Gave my service advisor the numbers and he couldn't find anything.

What are the latest numbers? Can anyone give me a pdf of the doc? I need to do the legwork as they're clueless.

Any techs...can you tell me where to have them look? Need help,

Thx

Gave my service advisor the numbers and he couldn't find anything.

What are the latest numbers? Can anyone give me a pdf of the doc? I need to do the legwork as they're clueless.

Any techs...can you tell me where to have them look? Need help,

Thx

Don't mean to be a dick about it but all the info is just like one page back. Including the documents you need.

You're not but that's not a full 4pg pdf and I'm just trying to make sure I have the newest numbers for him. Those pages aren't a pdf and I'm having trouble sending them.

Thanks.

Like he said. I'm not trying to be smart either, but go back one page. The document number and PIT number is what you need. That is all the service department needs to be able to bring it up on their computer and print out the complete document .......

yeee haw

Monday morning getting the lights updated! Now to make sure the right bulbs are installed and seating correctly before I leave the dealer... thanks gents for all the great legwork you have done for the rest of us!

Yeah well it wasn't...so...if anyone who has the doc can scan all 4 pages for me so I can physically hand him the newest document that'd be great.

I can't print out shitty html pics and the pdf of the updated doc here is only two pages...so I've read every single page of this thread before I asked for a clean complete pdf. You two smarties can either help by scanning a document or go read the thread and find an outdated pdf, an incomplete updated pdf, and shitty html pictures...or you can read my posts and comprehend my dealer is autistic and even with the two doc and pit numbers they still can't get it.

Do you have any other questions? I can walk you through 3rd grade again if you'd like...

Mike

Yeah well it wasn't...so...if anyone who has the doc can scan all 4 pages for me so I can physically hand him the newest document that'd be great.

I can't print out shitty html pics and the pdf of the updated doc here is only two pages...so I've read every single page of this thread before I asked for a clean complete pdf. You two smarties can either help by scanning a document or go read the thread and find an outdated pdf, an incomplete updated pdf, and shitty html pictures...or you can read my posts and comprehend my dealer is autistic and even with the two doc and pit numbers they still can't get it.

Do you have any other questions? I can walk you through 3rd grade again if you'd like...

Mike

lol...I don't think any document is gonna help you then. Find a new dealer.

• Like 1

It may be time for me to find a new dealer. They are telling me that the bulbs are on backorder (not surprising) but that they can't order the bulbs until they are back in stock. I'm not sure exactly how GM's stock system work, but it seems to me that they should be able to place an order on a back-ordered item and that it will ship when it is available.

This is the same dealer that when I originally went in insisted on checking the headlight aim before going any further. They didn't use any kind of procedure and just aimed them down until and I quote "they looked good against the wall." When I checked them, the pattern was almost 18" below the spec in the PIT procedure.

Edited by papcie03

If it was built after the dates in the bulletin, it's been done.

If built earlier, and you can see at night, it's been done.