Headlight Illumination Issues

If I am reading the product description correctly, these only have about 725 lumens output compared to the 1000 lumens output of the stock fog lights. This might look nice to color match, but the light output would decrease quite noticeably. At least that's what the XenonDepot website is saying. Just something to think about before you order. :dunno:

Thanks for providing that feedback

Has anyone tried the window trick with the updated BCM flash? Some with 2014's say they have it and 2015's should already (if equipped).

Hold the unlock button to roll windows down. Hold the lock button to roll them back up. You have to have the feature turned on in your vehicle settings. You can also fold and unfold the mirrors using the key fob if equipped with power folding mirrors.

My 2015 GMC Sierra came from factory with the features ....... Mine is a factory order, didn't buy off lot .....

• Like 1

Going in for oil change at 9am tomorrow, hoping the bulbs are there, already postponed the service once in hopes that it all can be done in one trip.

I feel naked driving with the OEM Phillips bulbs back in right now.

My 15 slt has window down and mirror fold with fob, bought off the lot not special order.

-Skeet

I had someone flash me their brights last night, after they seen me dim. That is a first in 18 months. I did turn the shutter up one revolution from the stock setting. Might need to go back down 1/4 or 1/2 turn? I have been running on that setting for months with the old 2 candle power lights.

It was a good feeling, a validation if you will.

Well, after the first failed attempt at the headlight upgrade when the dealer installed a new replacement set of the OEM bulbs I was back today to have the correct bulbs installed, BCM flash and re-aiming.

After a short test drive tonight into the National Forest I have to say I am pleased with the significant (and very noticeable) improvement these changes have made. I now have good light ahead on both low and high beams and much better peripheral lighting to the sides. The aim adjustment looks pretty good to me as is but I didn't meet any other vehicles in the woods so I can't say how oncoming drivers will react. I'll probably drive it some more under a variety of traffic conditions and rural/urban settings to get a better feel for how they are adjusted but I may end up following Ranch 55's suggestion to ease the aim up a bit. I think I'll continue to use the fogs when I'm not in developed areas but basically I feel like the lights are now safe and I can enjoy my new truck.

Finally, as a new Sierra owner and relative newcomer to this forum, I need to thank all of the owners who pushed and worked for months with GM to make this change happen; also thanks to GM for acknowledging the problem and coming up with a workable fix. I'm late to the party but I am a grateful beneficiary of all the efforts of those folks who refused to let this issue go unresolved.

• Like 1

I was able to get out tonight and give the new Vosla's a shot.

I honestly thought people who had it done were exaggerating. I am very surprised and impressed. Like everyone has said, it is a very noticeable difference. The high beams actually work now!

My only gripe is the headlights don't match the LED running lights, however, I think I'm willing to live with em.

• Like 2

I had someone flash me their brights last night, after they seen me dim. That is a first in 18 months. I did turn the shutter up one revolution from the stock setting. Might need to go back down 1/4 or 1/2 turn? I have been running on that setting for months with the old 2 candle power lights.

It was a good feeling, a validation if you will.

The second car I drove by last night flashed his highbeams at me lol. It made my day.

• Like 2

Maybe they missed the alignment part of the upgrade bulletin.

Nah they're perfect!

Must have hit a dip in the road causing the cut off to be higher up than normal on the oncoming car. No one else has high beamed me. I got high beamed a few times with the previous bulbs too. People aren't always right!

And last, again ....... although updated to PIT5374A ...... reads the same except for dealer labor hours ....

Read the first paragraph carefully .........

PIT5374%20pg1_zpsbaryt1wr.jpg

PIT5374%20pg2_zpswajlopb9.jpg

PIT5374%20pg3_zpshlqvsvcp.jpg

PIT5374%20pg4_zps0qyy81lf.jpg

Thank you. So, mention this to my dealer and they should "update" my 2014?

Sent from my iPhone

I had my new bulbs and BCM update today and like some have stated, the passenger side bulb was improperly installed. Obviously the tech did not check the aim of the headlights or he would have immediately caught it. I pulled the airbox and properly installed the bulb. The improvement is obvious and I am thankful for the valuable information this forum has given me to address the headlight issue and immediately know what was wrong with the passenger side bulb.