Headlight Illumination Issues

I ordered a pair of these this morning...... Gonna try 'em out here in the rural ranch country where I live. Maybe get some more additional peripherial lighting in addition to my PIT5374 headlight upgrade ......

And I also finally found the GM Part #23342527 on line at a GM dealer here in Texas and so, I ordered two more of the Vosla bulbs to have on hand for spares ....... I learned a long time ago out here in the "real" bonnies, to have spare headlight bulbs on hand. I recently had two low beam bulbs go out on my 2005 GMC Sierra within 30 minutes of each other and I was 17 miles from the ranch. Made it home on the fogs and highbeams. Replace both bulbs next morning and immediately ordered new Silverstar Ultras for spares.....

Please post the results after you do the install

• Like 1

I ordered a pair of these this morning...... Gonna try 'em out here in the rural ranch country where I live. Maybe get some more additional peripherial lighting in addition to my PIT5374 headlight upgrade ......

And I also finally found the GM Part #23342527 on line at a GM dealer here in Texas and so, I ordered two more of the Vosla bulbs to have on hand for spares ....... I learned a long time ago out here in the "real" bonnies, to have spare headlight bulbs on hand. I recently had two low beam bulbs go out on my 2005 GMC Sierra within 30 minutes of each other and I was 17 miles from the ranch. Made it home on the fogs and highbeams. Replace both bulbs next morning and immediately ordered new Silverstar Ultras for spares.....

Thanks I have looked at those bulbs.I have read some post that said these leds spread the beam pattern out to much (all over the place) they look good but the oem bulbs are better because the beam pattern is correct. I have decided to stay with the stock fog bulbs.

Edited by southern_sierra

I took my truck to dealer and got the BCM update and new bulbs. I tried it out last night in the country and will say it is a major improvement. Overall better brightness and peripheral vision greatly improved in low beam and high beam is major improvement. I still think the lights need to be aimed a tad higher as I still have the somewhat low sight line while in low beam.

I now have no complaints about this awesome truck.

BTW, my dealer said I was the third Sierra that he performed the update on.

I took my truck to dealer and got the BCM update and new bulbs. I tried it out last night in the country and will say it is a major improvement. Overall better brightness and peripheral vision greatly improved in low beam and high beam is major improvement. I still think the lights need to be aimed a tad higher as I still have the somewhat low sight line while in low beam.

I now have no complaints about this awesome truck.

BTW, my dealer said I was the third Sierra that he performed the update on.

Take a PHILLIPS screwdriver with you and turn the up / down headlight adjustment 1/4 turn at a time in the counterclockwise direction to adjust the beam UP ..... A 1/4 turn makes a big adjustment down road. Make sure you keep the exact turn on each beam so as to keep the lights synchronized .....

See my post on adjusting the aim on my headlights ...... I left mine about a 1/4 turn on the high side and I see pretty darn good, but doesn't blind oncoming .........

Thanks I have looked at those bulbs.I have read some post that said these leds spread the beam pattern out to much (all over the place) they look good but the oem bulbs are better because the beam pattern is correct. I have decided to stay with the stock fog bulbs.

Well, I'll definitely be able to tell if it make a positive difference out here in this country I live in. If they are not what I would want , I'll put the OEM PSX24W (I think that's it) back in .......

Had the Vosla update done on Saturday morning. I have to say it is a substantial difference. There is definitely more light out in front of the truck at night and the lighting color is better as well. If you haven't done this yet, I highly recommend it.

Has anyone tried the window trick with the updated BCM flash? Some with 2014's say they have it and 2015's should already (if equipped).

Hold the unlock button to roll windows down. Hold the lock button to roll them back up. You have to have the feature turned on in your vehicle settings. You can also fold and unfold the mirrors using the key fob if equipped with power folding mirrors.

In regards to fogs matching the headlights, it won't even be a close match. LED Cree are around 6000-6500K and the Vosla halogen are 4000-4300K.

This is incorrect information. Just got the vosla bulbs and they aren't close to 4000k-4300k at all. The daytime running LED lights are approx 4300k, these vosla bulbs are likely whiter than the stock halogen but they are not 4000k

Has anyone tried the window trick with the updated BCM flash? Some with 2014's say they have it and 2015's should already (if equipped).

Hold the unlock button to roll windows down. Hold the lock button to roll them back up. You have to have the feature turned on in your vehicle settings. You can also fold and unfold the mirrors using the key fob if equipped with power folding mirrors.

Windows work as before.

They will go down with the unlock on remote, but not up.

Holding lock just folds the mirrors (as before).

I thought only the 2015's had the window down function from the key fob. Also, the windows and folding mirrors from the key fob may only be on SLT models.

But shouldn't the updated BCM flash should be the only "current" one (both 2014 & 2015 models), and should increase the bulb volts and any other 2015 items, like the windows. I think...... :)

My 2014 SLT & 2014 Denali only folded in/out mirrors and never window up or down.

I am going to try later on but wanted to know if anyone else could as well.

I know this is the headlight thread, but if the headlight fix adds the window feature... I think I can post here?

Edited by EXSlider400

But shouldn't the updated BCM flash should be the only "current" one (both 2014 & 2015 models), and should increase the bulb volts and any other 2015 items, like the windows. I think...... :)

My 2014 SLT & 2014 Denali only folded in/out mirrors and never window up or down.

I am going to try later on but wanted to know if anyone else could as well.

I know this is the headlight thread, but if the headlight fix adds the window feature... I think I can post here?

I'll try it when I get home this evening. Not driving the truck today.

southern_sierra, on 21 Mar 2015 - 2:38 PM, said:snapback.png

That is what I posted earlier

If I am reading the product description correctly, these only have about 725 lumens output compared to the 1000 lumens output of the stock fog lights. This might look nice to color match, but the light output would decrease quite noticeably. At least that's what the XenonDepot website is saying. Just something to think about before you order. :dunno: