Headlight Illumination Issues

I got my bulbs installed and the BCM reprogrammed today I will test them out tonight when it gets dark and post the results on here :driving:

Great hanging onto this thread to c what others think of the update, think it was 25 emails yesterday lmao

OK, dealer ordered the bulbs and they were installed today. They got the bulbs installed OK but when I looked at the work order the part number for the bulbs (13587719) was different than the part number in the Service Bulletin (23342527). Then I noticed that there was no mention of reprogramming the BCM or aiming the headlights even though I had them attach a complete copy of PIT5374A to the work order.

So, it was back to the shop where they supposedly did the reprogramming and aimed the lights. In the meantime I wandered by parts and asked about the part number change and was told they were unable to order the bulbs under the part number in the Service Bulletin and that, after checking with GMC tech support, learned it had been superseded by the one they installed. Now I'm a bit confused, given that the Service bulletin was updated 10 days ago and now we have a new part number already?

Obviously, given the careless work initially done that overlooked the BCM reprogram I'm wondering whether or not I actually got the correct bulbs, or maybe just new bulbs that are the same as the old ones . If anyone who has had the upgrade done recently and has a work order with the bulb part numbers I would really like to know if you guys can help me understand this better.

Anyway, test run tonight to see how they look.

I got my bulbs installed and the BCM reprogrammed today I will test them out tonight when it gets dark and post the results on here :driving:

When you check out your lights tonight see if the new bulbs are alittle whiter light than the fog lights mine are. I want to try and find a fog light bulb to match not a hid just a regular bulb or led that will throw the right beam pattern. Thanks

OK, dealer ordered the bulbs and they were installed today. They got the bulbs installed OK but when I looked at the work order the part number for the bulbs (13587719) was different than the part number in the Service Bulletin (23342527). Then I noticed that there was no mention of reprogramming the BCM or aiming the headlights even though I had them attach a complete copy of PIT5374A to the work order.

So, it was back to the shop where they supposedly did the reprogramming and aimed the lights. In the meantime I wandered by parts and asked about the part number change and was told they were unable to order the bulbs under the part number in the Service Bulletin and that, after checking with GMC tech support, learned it had been superseded by the one they installed. Now I'm a bit confused, given that the Service bulletin was updated 10 days ago and now we have a new part number already?

Obviously, given the careless work initially done that overlooked the BCM reprogram I'm wondering whether or not I actually got the correct bulbs, or maybe just new bulbs that are the same as the old ones . If anyone who has had the upgrade done recently and has a work order with the bulb part numbers I would really like to know if you guys can help me understand this better.

The new bulbs will be a whiter light you will be able to tell for sure. The bulbs I got were 23342527. I would say my lights are 40% better.

Edited by southern_sierra
  • Like 1

I double checked mine. Open the hood, on the drivers side unscrew the 4" cover behind the bulb. Make sure the bulb has Volsa written on it. The high beams will be a disappointment even with the update.

• Like 1

The 13587719 Is the oem bulb. The new bulb is A Volsa GM# 23342527 Take the head light bulb cover off the back of the head light on the drivers side you should see Volsa on the back of the bulb plug.

Edited by southern_sierra
  • Like 2

Wow. Just Wow!!!!!

Stopped by my dealer as well. Bulbs ordered.

Based on others experiences, I pointed out to the service writer that they needed to order two bulbs. The look on his face, priceless!

• Like 1

Thanks to all who responded so quickly to my post #782 about maybe getting the wrong bulbs installed. Helping folks out is the great thing about this forum.

As suggested, pulled the back cover off and the bulb says Phillips - must be OEM. Now I'm wondering if they even bothered to reprogram the BCM. Will have to meet with the Service Manager tomorrow and ask for a complete redo, probably be another week or so on the bulbs.

• Like 1

The 13587719 Is the oem bulb. The new bulb is A Volsa GM# 23342527 Take the head light bulb cover off the back of the head light on the drivers side you should see Volsa on the back of the bulb plug.

That is correct.

Headlight%20WO.jpg

• Like 1

Just got back from my little ride about. Dark and raining here tonight with slight fog. Could not really tell much difference in brightness or on the road as far as side coverage or distance. May be different when it is not raining will head out Friday night and have another look. I will say when pulling back into yard lights looked brighter. HA mabey im slowly going blind. Right now im going to say weather plays a big part in what im seeing or rather not seeing.

Just returned from trying out the new lights, took my wife with me to help get a better idea. We live out in the country so got a good look as soon as we pulled out of the driveway.

First impression, a lot brighter and much better illumination off to the sides where it was virtually nonexistent before. Overall we're very happy!

I would definitely recommend having this done to your truck!

• Like 2

So I just got the bulbs installed on Wednesday. I gotta say - they are MUCH brighter and whiter. They are still halogen bulbs inside a projector so we're still not getting the correct light pattern as these projectors were designed for but it is a big improvement.

At least I don't feel like I have to get HID's now but I probably still will at some point because that will help with side coverage.

post-138501-0-85280000-1426819375_thumb.jpg

Guys,

I picked up my truck today after taking it in for the lights and my heated seats which went out. Heated seats now working properly. I was very impressed with the new headlights. My service center said they never heard of the issue and seemed to almost brush it off when I first tool it in. After I called to follow up I think they realized I was serious about the issue. They replaced both bulbs and reprogrammed the BCM. I can actually see right in front without fog lights. Then I turned on my bright lights and definitely a difference there. I went back to the same place not far from my house and I remember thinking I honestly can't tell a difference between my lows and highs. Now I can! I'd highly recommend everyone get this done. It helps printing off the the PIT number and giving it to your service guy.

Here is my receipt showing what they did. Thx for everyone's help in identifying a fix!7bfc0616c011ec874b4342afc390270d.jpg