Headlight Illumination Issues

Just get HIDs. 170 bucks and bam. Like naught and day difference.

I would but I'd like more reliability. And once I start getting into that, then I want a proper retrofit and all high end everything lol. Slippery slope.

Service advisor told me the bulbs are in. Appointment set for Monday for the flash and bulbs as well as trying to get rid of the vibration at idle by re-centering the motor mounts or whatever.

• Like 1

Just got a call from the dealer, and the second bulb finally came in. Hope it is from the same lot as the first , for my OCD's sake. Going to give it another go tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

Last night, I came within a few feet of nailing a small buck that still had his headgear intact. If I had been driving my truck, I am positive that I would not have had enough warning to get stopped in time. There is no way I would have been able to see him running towards the road 20 yards off to the side like I did with my car. I was only going about 25 MPH at the time, the anti- lock brakes kicked in and I got slowed down just enough for him to make it across without hitting him. With the winter herds breaking up, it is deer dodging season here almost as bad as during the rut. I live out in the sticks, 2-1/2 miles from the nearest pavement, and yes, it gets pitch black at night.

I'll post up my thoughts this weekend some time on how things turned out. I hope!

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the brilliant GMC engineer that designed these headlights transferred over from the now defunct Pontiac or Oldmobile engineering group ??? Keep this kind of quality up, and GMC will be defunct soon too !

My Pontiac and Olds lights were never even close to being this bad.

Is anyone who did the fog lights on with high beams pulling out the diode before bringing it in?

If they are just plugging into the BCM, there really isn't any way they would notice it.

Called the service desk about the TSB BCM Calibration and Bulbs. He didn't have a clue what i was talking about. Then i told him the document number, Oh here it is... Now he isn't sure if its a warranty repair. I told him to investigate and get back to me. We will see if he calls me back.

Called the service desk about the TSB BCM Calibration and Bulbs. He didn't have a clue what i was talking about. Then i told him the document number, Oh here it is... Now he isn't sure if its a warranty repair. I told him to investigate and get back to me. We will see if he calls me back.

It is

Well the beast is back in the yard. Second bulb came in today as promised. According to papers all updates ect ect done. Now we wait for nightfall to see the results. Also had HD radio update done only difference I can tell on it was it wiped out my presets.

Thanks for the info on this "issue". After owning my 2015 Sierra for a couple of months the headlights are just not all that bright. Now I have to correct info to pass along to my dealer so he can fix it. Other than the lights I love my GMC!

I got my bulbs installed and the BCM reprogrammed today I will test them out tonight when it gets dark and post the results on here :driving:

• Like 1