Headlight Illumination Issues

Does anybody know if this is also available for the silverados or just the sierras at this point? I'll called my Chevy dealer today and they had no info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read the document. PIT5374 posted earlier in this thread .......................

Just checked service department at the dealer. Bulbs are still on backorder, and no clue when or if they will get them. Well, they had at least ONE last Tuesday. I'm thinking GM is playing a game here, hoping this goes away? Not a happy camper right now. The deer are breaking up from the winter herds, and my truck sits in the garage at night. Pretty pathetic GM!

I checked with the guy in parts to make sure it was ordered. He said bulb would be in Thursday morning. I asked about if bulbs were backordered, answer was no. So we shall see!

I checked with the guy in parts to make sure it was ordered. He said bulb would be in Thursday morning. I asked about if bulbs were backordered, answer was no. So we shall see!

I called my dealer this afternoon to schedule the upgrade/fix and he says there is a national backorder for the bulbs. He also said it was the first they have heard of the TSB that I sent in pdf to them today!

I felt like they were playing a game with me at the dealership. "while our lights meet federal DOT standards, some customers living in rural areas may complain about poor lighting conditions driving in these areas."

-Skeet

I noticed this first as well and I must say it irks me, they just have to throw that bit in there that they meet standard yet I bet if they had a wack of employees test the trucks and then survey them about light quality compared to previous gen gmt900 they'd be in for a shocker. I drove a friends sierra at night to see if I'd like these new trucks and when I flipped on my brights I was astounded at how they would consider those lights adequate. My GMT900 Sierra's low beams had better spread and reach than the high beams.

Hey group - had the upgrade / update done to my truck today and will report on it in the next couple of days. Head mechanic here said he was able to already see a drastic improvement, here's hoping.

Took my truck to the dealer and they had to order the bulbs. They also said that my truck didn't need to be updated; which is weird since my truck was built in October 2014. I'm not sure I'm buying that... I'll be asking them to double and triple check that I have the right BCM update.

I am having the same luck of having a service department that didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Thanks to this forum I provided the service manager with the documentation to get the ball rolling. Same story of 'nation-wide backorder, call us back weekly until we get the bulbs', add in 'Where did you get this information?'.

I am also a country boy with plenty of deer to dodge at night, one way or another I will be making improvements to make my truck safe.

• Like 1

Had just my bcm done and left the Putcos bulbs in. Other bulbs on backorder. But man it looks better. And with the fog light on with brights is even better. Are the new bulbs HIR like the original ones?

Edited by EXSlider400

Had just my bcm done and left the Putcos bulbs in. Other bulbs on backorder. But man it looks better. And with the fog light on with brights is even better. Are the new bulbs HIR like the original ones?

If you look back a few pages someone posted up a pdf cut sheet of the German bulbs.

My 2014 Sierra is currently in the shop getting the heated drivers seats replaced both the seat and back part. Passenger was just the bottom out.

I mentioned the headlight issues and service person had no idea what I was talking about. "Was this off a message board???" I said yes, a GM sponsored one where there is a GM rep online. I took truck in with the document others have posted, post #555 with before and after photos. Service guy said he hadn't heard of anything. Didn't sound good... just got a call saying they changed out bulbs, did the BCM, and parts are in for heated seats. Will he ready tomorrow.

When I do my survey from GM, I will be sure to put something along the lines of "have the service managers frequent gm-trucks.com for issues. I know very little about trucks but learned 10 x more about issues just b.c of this site.

I thought my seats was loose but thought I may be crazy. Thought my heated seats stopped working but thought how could they. I thought my headlights stunk but through no way.... come to find out, I was right and all of you confirmed what I was seeing and feeling.

I pick my truck up tomorrow. I'm hoping it's much better.

I mentioned the headlight issues and service person had no idea what I was talking about. "Was this off a message board???" I said yes,

They must HATE the internet for this hahaha.

• Like 1

They must HATE the internet for this hahaha.

I'm fairly certain they do lol, I was able to do this bye luck, I asked about it about a hour after they came out lol, just luck, I was first to order bulbs at my dealer where I get stuff done, they ordered quite a few sets in prep for this.

I sat down with my service manager today and found the service bulletin. It wasn't under 2015 GMC Sierra, it was under 2014 and included the 2015 Sierra. I have the print out of the TSB if anyone wants it. Hope this helps!

I'm wondering if the brilliant GMC engineer that designed these headlights transferred over from the now defunct Pontiac or Oldmobile engineering group ??? Keep this kind of quality up, and GMC will be defunct soon too !