Headlight Illumination Issues

I had a little chuckle a few post back about the guy took his truck in and they only ordered one bulb. Ha Ha. Anyone want to guess how many my dealer ordered for mine? I sure most of you can guess, in case someone needs a hint it was less than 2 ! :sigh:

• Like 1

I had a little chuckle a few post back about the guy took his truck in and they only ordered one bulb. Ha Ha. Anyone want to guess how many my dealer ordered for mine? I sure most of you can guess, in case someone needs a hint it was less than 2 ! :sigh:

I just got back from my dealer, and had the same damn problem. They thought the part number was for two bulbs, and didn't verify they got two bulbs before they called me to drive the 45 miles one-way to them. So what did they do? Did they flash and install one bulb? Nope. Did they see if they had one on the lot with the same bulbs to borrow from? Nope. Did they do the flash and tell me they'd send me the bulbs to install myself? Nope, not a chance. What I got was a "sorry, but we'll order them, and when they come in, we'll schedule up an appointment that works for your schedule" Wow, what a deal, sounds like they are doing me a favor! Except all appointments are on my schedule...

I just got back from my dealer, and had the same damn problem. They thought the part number was for two bulbs, and didn't verify they got two bulbs before they called me to drive the 45 miles one-way to them. So what did they do? Did they flash and install one bulb? Nope. Did they see if they had one on the lot with the same bulbs to borrow from? Nope. Did they do the flash and tell me they'd send me the bulbs to install myself? Nope, not a chance. What I got was a "sorry, but we'll order them, and when they come in, we'll schedule up an appointment that works for your schedule" Wow, what a deal, sounds like they are doing me a favor! Except all appointments are on my schedule...

Wow, I guess I ought to see if they ordered a quantity of 2. That's terrible man. I'd ask for something for sure in return for the trouble!!

-Skeet

That was last Tuesday. I called back a couple times late last week and nobody has a clue. Service writer tried to pass it off on parts. Got patched through to parts, no answers.

I'm seriously starting to think GM has something to do with what is going on here. No information again today either. Getting real feed up with the GM run around. 60 miles round trip to the dealer, but I think it's time for the service department to come to an understanding that I'll be going over their heads if this isn't resolved soon.

They act like we have all this time to waste coming to appointments they scheduled, but are not prepared for because they are incompetent. I've been patient, but my patience is wearing thin, very thin!

I'm thinking GM is realizing how much money their pathetic lights are going to cost them, and either them, the dealers, or both are dragging their feet.

So Old Cyclops and myself are still waiting, in the dark.

Seems like I said this before,sounds like aSNL skit. No call return from my dealer yet!

Yeah I sent off an email yesterday and still no reply. The previous times we've chatted he got back to me right away. It's been 2 weeks today since he said he ordered them.

Dunno, maybe he's on vacation.

so i printed off the service notice from a few pages back and took it to my service dep. im going to be the guinea pig for the upgrade. we ordered the bulbs and im getting it done on fri. i will let you guys know how it goes

Edited by MattUofM

I called the parts department this morning. I told the guy I didn't want to sound like a dick or like I was telling him how to do his job, as he knows more about the stuff than I do; but to make sure they ordered a quantity of 2 of the part number for the bulbs so I didn't end up with the bad luck a couple of you had with cyclops trucks. He seemed pretty aggravated that I was having this conversation with him, but I asked that he would ensure the order was for 2 bulbs becsuse a couple of my "friends" ran into the one bulb ordered problem. After being very hesitant and acting like I was an idiot, he looked, they only ordered one lol! Placed order for another today and then actually thanked me for bringing that to their attention.

This forum is awesome!!!

Edit* Supposedly bulbs will be in by the time I go in for my oil change Tuesday and it will all be done together.

I tried to just get the BCM part done but was told they have to do it and install bulbs at the same time. I'm running the VLED LMZ bulbs now, I'm guessing I should return to oem before going in to avoid any other issues.

-Skeet

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet

Yeah sorry to say but many of you have sub par dealerships it seems. I gave mine the tsb number and they ordered the new bulbs, took 4 days to arrive and had the fix done a week after ordering the bulbs. If possible I would go to another dealer and give that method a try.

So my local dealer ordered the bulbs 8 days ago. Told me to call him today to make sure bulbs were in so work could be done tomorrow, Wed 3/18. Bulbs not in yet. Backordered everywhere (which I already knew).

He told me to call him "once a week" to check if bulbs had arrived. That doesn't sound good.....

My service manager was good about calling me and keeping me updated "after" I gave them the PIT5374 update information. My service manager was actually very thankful that I had the information to provide them. Told me that they usually get notices from GM when these types of documents and TSB's come out, but that GM had never informed them of this and first they had heard was the info I gave them. They were very willing to look up the document # and PIT # while I was on the phone. They verified with me, immediately notified parts dept. and right then said they had two bulb part #'s already ordered for me from when I had given them the #'s the week before. Called me back the next day and said to come in, had just received the new bulbs.

I hate to hear of so many of you guys having such issues from your dealer. My dealer was very helpful throughout my ordeal .......

Edited by Ranch55

But, go back and look at my post #555 .......

I am satisfied with the results and the performance of my dealer.

Also read my posts after that detailing what I did for the headlights aiming procedure.

Hope this helps some of ya'll ......

• Like 1

Just checked service department at the dealer. Bulbs are still on backorder, and no clue when or if they will get them. Well, they had at least ONE last Tuesday. I'm thinking GM is playing a game here, hoping this goes away? Not a happy camper right now. The deer are breaking up from the winter herds, and my truck sits in the garage at night. Pretty pathetic GM!

Just checked service department at the dealer. Bulbs are still on backorder, and no clue when or if they will get them. Well, they had at least ONE last Tuesday. I'm thinking GM is playing a game here, hoping this goes away? Not a happy camper right now. The deer are breaking up from the winter herds, and my truck sits in the garage at night. Pretty pathetic GM!

I felt like they were playing a game with me at the dealership. they kept saying they don't see any recalls and I kept saying it wasn't a recall followed by the numbers they needed.

After I told them I have almost hit several deer driving out of town with no street lights, was doing no more than 20mph at the very most, and didn't see the deer until I was right upon them using heads and fogs; they finally said they found the document and ordered the parts.

I feel like they were following a procedure somewhat like the document states. I hadn't read it until today and it said something about "while our lights meet federal DOT standards, some customers living in rural areas may complain about poor lighting conditions driving in these areas." Then talked about cleaning housings, checking that everything works and see if that fixes it, if still complaining then perform the work. I'm thinking they needed to hear me complain a bit first. I'm just glad they ordered them, who knows when they will get here based off everyone else's being back ordered.

I'm going to make a push to get the BCM updated next week if the bulbs aren't there when I go in for the oil change. I'm going to base my argument on something along the lines of "it has to help at least a little until they arrive." I doubt it will work as the document says to perform the bulb swap and BCM flash at the same time iirc.

-Skeet