Headlight Illumination Issues

Well, I went to my dealer today. They had not heard of any lamp replacements for the trucks. I gave him the number and he could find nothing! Finally, he found something. A new bulletin came out dated March 9. Same number, just has an "A" at the end of it. He checked with the parts department and they had none. Said they could not order any because GM stated they were under "review". Whatever that means........ He thought maybe they were still not quite right and GM was updating the lamps again, and then would release. Supposedly, will order them as soon as they can. Guess I will wait until next week and call them and see where we stand.

Spoke with my service advisor today, they got 2 sets of bulbs in yesterday for another customers vehicles. mine were supposed to be here today so I am scheduled for next Tuesday to have mine done.

My truck is eligible,, talked to my dealer today, but the bulbs are now on backorder, no ETA...boo.

Wonder if this is a regional issue, service dept here ordered mine yesterday and never mentioned any back orders. scheduled appt is Wednesday but why do I have a feeling it's gonna change Edited by Slo281

Does anyone know the bulbs part #? My local dealer ordered some for me, but has stood me up on doing the fix. Hoping I can buy the bulbs and have the dealer that I bought the truck from install them. They said they would reimburse me if my local dealer will sell them to me. However, I want to be certain they ordered the right part number..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got lucky and they had some local. According to my advisor, he said on Tuesday they checked every day my truck was in the shop since the 3rd of March for the TSB and none was found even when I gave him the old 1. Then told him the current 1 on Tuesday and later on found it. Luckily they found a set of bulbs locally or they had it in stock that same day so I picked it up Tuesday evening.

The lighting is significantly brighter than stock. You can actually see in the lanes to the left of you and right of you about a 20 ft ahead of you. Anything closer than that to your sides are still pretty poor, but the lighting has improved.

Had an appointment today so I asked about the TSB. Service advisor stated they'd had complaints but hadn't heard about the TSB. I gave her the number and logged my complaint. They were able to do the BCM reprogram but apparently the bulbs are on a serious back order right now, so I'll have to wait for the full effect

My dealer has the new bulbs on order. So when they come in they will perform the BCM upgrade and swap the bulbs.

While my truck was at the dealer they gave me a 2015 Sierra as a loaner. I drove it at night and was surprised by how much better those headlights were. I guess they really were bad in the 2014, I was kind of skeptical, and thought it was just a lot of people complaining.

What was funny about this deal with me is that when I called the dealer I bought my truck from they knew nothing about it. Said they did not have any service bulletins on the issue. Then I called the dealer I go to regularly for service and they knew all about the problem! But had not done any replacements yet because they did not know the new part numbers. I said well I can help you with that and gave them the GMTrucks .com part numbers! HAHAHA! Since then they have done 4 other trucks!

I told them they better start watching this chat page for the latest info on GM Trucks! hahaha

Edited by Likarok

Called my dealer last week about the update gave him the TSB number. He order the bulbs for me and had them installed today. He ordered more than two bulbs but only received two. I was the first to get the update at this dealer. I asked him if there have been any complaints about the headlights on the GMC trucks and he said oh yes. He thanked me for the heads up and I thank this forum for the info.