Headlight Illumination Issues

Was told by my dealer the document number no longer exist. Have been waiting on a call back for 4 hrs. No luck

The document and pit number were updated yesterday. 6 posts back or so, Ventilator posted the updated numbers for both [emoji106]

-Skeet

• Like 1

My dealer called me today to say the bulbs will be in on Friday I have an appointment for next Wednesday to have them replaced and the BCM updated, they told me they need the truck for 2 hours to complete the job.

My dealer ordered bulbs for my truck before the document became known to just about everyone. Before the document was even released to the dealers. Even then it was close 1 1/2 ~ 2 weeks until my service department had the bulbs in hand.

The document and pit number were updated yesterday. 6 posts back or so, Ventilator posted the updated numbers for both [emoji106]

-Skeet

Thanks man,do these document numbers change a lot? Hate to approach them with different numbers again but this needs to be taken care of Edited by Slo281

I went to my dealer today---the dealership and I are in a very rural area. The service tech had none of the replacement bulbs and has had many complaints about the illumination. He claimed he "felt like an old goat instead of a hero" when trying to answer the customers. He was curious but did not know about this update.

He pulled up the PIT and grinned when he saw the documentation. He ran the BCM update. He asked if I would give him feedback about my experience.

At about 8:00pm, armed with a phillips screwdriver in case I needed to adjust the vertical angle of the lights, I went out on my little rural road, and the improvement was apparent but not quite up to what I thought it could be. I had the impression the lamps were aiming high. I lowered the aim very slightly and that's all it took.

I now feel safe at night with this truck, the lights are brighter, and the high-beam "reaches out and touches," and that is with the OEM bulbs! Since the lamps are brighter, there is now spillage on the sides instead of pure dark. It is far easier and safer to turn left onto a road. I'm guessing there was always side light spillage, but the lights were too dim to light things up.

As an earlier message stated, the lights aren't quite as good as my 2011 GMC Sierra, but they are very very close.

I'm hoping with the replacement bulbs, things will be even better. Advice after the BCM is updated and the bulbs are replaced is to really do a good job on aiming the lights. It didn't take much, about 1/2 turn of the adjuster.

Edited by lrymal