Headlight Illumination Issues

OK thanks, did not go far enough back at first.

Any info on life span of the replacement bulbs? Same as original oem?

Thanks to all who worked long and hard on this. I drove a 14 loaner SLT on my rural deer infested roads last year. I was amazed at how poor the lights were compared to my 09. Dealer in rural area had not had complaints at that time??? I will call first thing Monday and quiz them. Poor headlight design was one of my reasons for not seriously considering an upgrade to the 15s.

Edited by STex
  • Like 1

I believe that jamin87ss is correct. However, in my case, I'm not concerned about the longevity of the bulbs. I do have a warranty that will replace the bulbs for several years.

I am just really glad that my lighting is so much improved and I feel I can drive my new truck at night out here in the rural ranch country and be able to see the road and shoulders of the road.

• Like 1

Thanks to B&J Aviation for the great images of the TSB. I compiled them into a PDF SGI2015.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuz3rs57h27se2l/PIT5374.pdf?dl=0

Thanks so much for the pdf file. Hope to see the dealer tomorrow and have better luck getting them to respond with the TSB in hand than I did on the phone.

My thanks as well to all the folks that have gone to bat with GM over this issue!

A question.... I did the whole Silvania H9 mod and have been running them in my '14 Sierra and have been reasonably happy with the result. Anyone been able to compare the new bulbs with BCM flash to the Sylvania H9's? My truck is going in this week for some other warrenty stuff so I will talk to the service manager and see if I can get this done as well and report back if no on has already beaten me to the comparison.

Trimmed 9011's will do about 2300 lumens without BCM flash. That will be hard to beat! Hope someone compares this setup to recent TSB. Maybe a flash with 9011's?

Edited by WLC

Called dealer service this morning. Clueless! Said I needed a letter from GM to order new bulbs. Here we go! Reminds me of SNL skits.

It amazes me how dealers are so different, there gonna get paid fricking stop giving the customers such a hard time

Called dealer service this morning. Clueless! Said I needed a letter from GM to order new bulbs. Here we go! Reminds me of SNL skits.

I emailed the service manager the pics of the TSB posted here for a reference, you may try that as it worked wonders for me. When I called an hour prior to that, he said there was nothing coming up for my truck....Parts are now ordered he said.

-Skeet

Trimmed 9011's will do about 2300 lumens without BCM flash. That will be hard to beat! Hope someone compares this setup to recent TSB. Maybe a flash with 9011's?

That's what I'm hoping to do. When I bring mine in, I'm going to ask that the tech's give me the 9011's back and I'll hopefully be able to get a comparison by the weekend..... assuming my dealership is aware of the the update.

Since I have vacation next week figured I would get the parts ordered. I called my dealer, gave him the PIT number and they have no idea their was even a problem with these lights let alone a tsb or prelim bulletin. Looks like I need some kind of documentation. Never mind just seen the pdf. Thanks

Edited by Slo281

That's what I'm hoping to do. When I bring mine in, I'm going to ask that the tech's give me the 9011's back and I'll hopefully be able to get a comparison by the weekend..... assuming my dealership is aware of the the update.

Why don't you just go ahead and put the Philips 9012 OEM bulbs back in. that way you can "save" the 9011's and have them on hand. If done under warranty, dealer generally will not give parts back to customer.....

Why don't you just go ahead and put the Philips 9012 OEM bulbs back in. that way you can "save" the 9011's and have them on hand. If done under warranty, dealer generally will not give parts back to customer.....

This is exactly my plan when I go in next Monday...